TYHP: Bells Hollow Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP: Bells Hollow Ranch

Just got back from a great weekend at Bells Hollow Ranch in Harper. It was my daughters second time this year to hunt this ranch. She was also here back in January. This was an all girls youth hunt. We tent camped, ate like kings, and had a great time on a beautiful ranch. My girl got a spike. In total 4 girls killed 8 deer and a turkey! She made some new friends and memories that will last a lifetime.

The landowner let us set up our tents in his barn due to the high winds and cold front that was coming.

My daughters spike buck, and a few photos of other hunters and parents below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If y'all have kids who like to hunt I would recommend you check out the Texas Youth Hunting Program. I wish I knew about it when my boys were young.

Comment

Amen!! We were on a TYHP hunt in Stonewall this weekend too. What an incredible experience! My wife and I both have signed up to become volunteers.

Congrats to your young lady!

Comment

Same here. I want to help guide some of these hunts. The kids have a great time

Comment

HIJACK HIJACK ALERT
          I need a youth for an archery hunt in Kerrville 12/1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
            HIJACK HIJACK ALERT

Is bow hunter education course required? I was planning on taking her bow hunting already that weekend in Eldorado, but Kerrville is closer

Edit: I saw that thread. I've got other hunters meeting me in Eldorado that weekend for a bow hunt. I will sign her up for that one next year.
            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-20-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Dang Jeff, looks like y'all were mowin' em down!! Those kids won't forget that! ...course the adults won't either! Y'all dun good!

Comment

This is awesome. I cant wait until my daughter is old enough to go. Only a couple more years!!

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  This is awesome. I cant wait until my daughter is old enough to go. Only a couple more years!!

I will tell you it helps having a daughter. There are some hunts that are girl only hunts and they have a hard time filling the spots.

Perfect example:

The one Mary posted and doeboy11 is talking about.
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-20-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I will tell you it helps having a daughter. There are some hunts that are girl only hunts and they have a hard time filling the spots.

Perfect example:

The one Mary posted and doeboy11 is talking about.

Yeah I just hope she shows interest when the time times. Although she told her mother just yesterday that daddy needs to go hunting again!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                        HIJACK HIJACK ALERT
                        My son had to drop out because he committed to show his pig that weekend. Big dummy.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Nice stuff Jeff....looks like y’all made out with some good memories. That said, I bet the private bath accommodations weren’t as nice as Eldorado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              Nice stuff Jeff....looks like y’all made out with some good memories. That said, I bet the private bath accommodations weren’t as nice as Eldorado!!!

Not even close

Comment

Working...
                              X