Dad shot at a big one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
    I'm sorry if some of you ladies think I was being harsh. I assure you, my dad has thick skin and is completely unphased by anything I said.
    You were being harsh. Keep coaching him up and stay positive with him. Just getting to hunt with him is way more important than any deer, wounded or not.

Comment

You may want to take a couple of practice shots to be sure something is not going on with the x-bow.

Comment

Rage heads seem to work great when they work, but they also seem to malfunction pretty often. I've seen video of a rage exploding on impact when it hit a buck's elbow (great shot just barely in front of the crease of the shoulder). Blades actually ricochet off and fly out of the screen. Crazy stuff... I won't use them!

Comment

why rages with an xbow????? i just do not understand this

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
            You were being harsh. Keep coaching him up and stay positive with him. Just getting to hunt with him is way more important than any deer, wounded or not.
            Agree with James here. Just be thankful you have him still to hunt with.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
              why not?

Comment

Why not? This is all we use with our sons crossbow. They have never let us down yet.

Comment

Why not use a rage with a xbow?

Comment

Sounds like he hit very low. deer will be fine. Rage on a crossbow works perfect everytime for me.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                      Why not? This is all we use with our sons crossbow. They have never let us down yet.
                      Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      Why not use a rage with a xbow?
                      First text message...

Comment

Hate to hear that

Comment

The broadhead had nothing to do with this. It was a very low shot. We have since seen the buck on camera with a small cut at the lowest point of his brisket.

Dad shot the crossbow after the hunt and was drilling bulls. Only thing we can assume happened was the bolt not being completely seated.

He'll be back in the saddle again this evening and in the morning to try to finish the deal.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                              The broadhead had nothing to do with this. It was a very low shot. We have since seen the buck on camera with a small cut at the lowest point of his brisket.

Dad shot the crossbow after the hunt and was drilling bulls. Only thing we can assume happened was the bolt not being completely seated.

He'll be back in the saddle again this evening and in the morning to try to finish the deal.
                              you tell him to put the **** deer on the ground this time or we're all gonna kick his ***!!!

just kidding... good luck to pops!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                you tell him to put the **** deer on the ground this time or we're all gonna kick his ***!!!

just kidding... good luck to pops!
                                Lol! He told me that he's playing "mind games" with the buck and that he has him right where he wants him now.

Comment

Working...
                                X