Lets talk mattresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk mattresses

I'm looking to get a new mattress. Our old king size mattress has my poor old back hurting every morning. I didn't think it was the mattress until the wife and I went on vacation. It was then that I realized it since my back didn't hurt at all when I woke up in the mornings.

Let's hear it. What mattress do you have and are you happy with the purchase? I'm open to all suggestions.
    Last edited by sportsman; 03-31-2017, 09:01 PM.

Sleep number and haven't looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
      Sleep number and haven't looked back.
      Amen to that

Comment

I went on a mattress journey last year to replace my old pillow top

I can say I did a stupid amount of research online (whether it was good research or not is up for debate) and went with the purple mattress

I will admit I was leaning towards returning it towards the end of its trail period because it was still to hard but decided to keep it and just lose some weight as I'm sure that's a bigger issue.

Ended up getting a new bed frame and noticed the slats gaps where about 4" instead of 2" on the old frame and holy crap that made a huge difference. Softened up a lot but still firm snug hug to your body. Also the mattress sleeps cooler then anything else I've slept on but a big part of that is the sheets to do don't go cheap on sheets!

You buy the purple directly online and I think it's 1200$ if I remember correctly and you can break up and do payments if needed.

Overall I'm very satisfied with it and my fiancé who's half my weight likes it to.

Comment

I bought a beautyrest black - ultra plush pillow top. It was the floor model so it cost $2000 vs the $5500 it cost regularly. Best purchase I ever made. I would do it again even if i had to pay regular price. Think of it as a investment towards your health.

Comment

Originally posted by jvela23 View Post
            I bought a beautyrest black - ultra plush pillow top. It was the floor model so it cost $2000 vs the $5500 it cost regularly. Best purchase I ever made. I would do it again even if i had to pay regular price. Think of it as a investment towards your health.
            I have the same. It's a little soft for me but my wife loves it. It's pure hell to move also. Just the mattress is around 115 lbs.

Comment

I just bought the Tempura Supreme Cloud Breeze. I can tell u that I had no idea I was miserable. Now on this new mattress sleepthrough most nights w very little tossing and turning. One of the best investments I've made.

Comment

Another Sleep Number junkie here. Only way to go.

Comment

Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme Breeze for the wifey and I.

Comment

Well.... I'll go against the grain, and say, I hate my sleep number lol. Biggest waste of 4k I've ever spent. I will be buying a tempurpedic when I decide to shell out the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sleep number: the inflatable mattress with a remote.

We love our Tempur cloud lux but I'm partial as my wife works for them. #1 recommended bed in America.

Comment

We have a Purple and love it. $1200 online delivered to my door.

Comment

Tempur pedic. Don't remember the model. No regrets.

Comment

Tempur pedic is the only way to go. I bought a sleep number for the RV and I hate it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

We are a recent Casper convert.

$900 for a queen(with coupon code from radio talkshow host)- , I think $1k for a king.

They ship it to you and you try it out, if you don't like it they return ship for free (supposedly).

We are happy with ours.
                              Our previous mattress cost much more and only lasted ~8 years before our sleep quality went to poo.

The mattress itself is some sort of multi layer foam type material with a "cool" layer on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X