In your opinion, what’s the best travel trailer brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your opinion, what’s the best travel trailer brand

I own a 2014 32’ Heartland Wilderness and a plumbing leak in the wall has rotted out the floor and my insurance has decided to total it out because the damage is to much.
    So now I start my search for a new camper.
    Yes, I understand that they are all cheaply made no matter what brand you get, but I would like to get info from the green screen to see if any of you have had better luck with one brand over all the others.

Look into mesa ridge, they are sister companies to open range and look to be very solid campers. When I upgrade I will probably go with one of those units.

Comment

Airstream.

Comment

In my novice experience, I would stick with Forest River Products. Have a Crossroads branded camper now. The first year was a pain, but I hear that is becoming ever popular with all brands.

Comment

They're all PITA

Comment

I have always felt Holiday Rambler makes a dang fine trailer, and they are aluminum framed rather than wood.

Comment

I never had any issues with any of my Heartland campers, but I would have to say the longest lasting would be an Airstream.

Comment

I've had a Jayco for past 6 years with no issues at all. It's been to Colorado and back and other places around Texas. i just repack the bearings and change the battery and it's good to go. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

We have a jayco and have not had any issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Starcraft is made by Jayco and we have been pleased with it as far as reliability goes.
                    The electric portion on the hot water heater died and the factory CO monitor died as well.
                    That’s been the extent of our troubles I can think of off hand - 2012 model with plenty of miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

None, they're all made like crap with the cheapest parts possible. I've got a 2014 Heartland Trail Runner with a rotted out floor in the bedroom. Can't figure it out for the life of me! About the only way to get a quality trailer is to buy a $100K fifth wheel, which is flat ridiculous.

Comment

Any one have experience with the Coleman Campers? All aluminum frame and under $25K. Actually wood cabinets, full size toilets, etc? I am about to pull the trigger on a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                          Airstream.
                          Airstream is the best, but BRING MONEY!!

For a more reasonable budget, I've owned Forest River, Holiday Rambler and Jayco and they've all been good trailers.

Comment

I have a buddy with a Forest River, and it’s a darn nice trailer. It has had some QC annoyances, but overall it has been really good for him and his family.

I have another buddy with an Airstream. It’s super nice, and has had no issues. I’m scared to ask what he paid, but he and his family love it. They even go to Airstream club events a couple times a year.

I’m interested in a toy hauler, but all the ones I’ve looked at are junk. Flimsy construction, low weight capacity, small garage, etc.

I’m thinking of a race trailer, I’d even consider building it out myself.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Most are junk, poorly built, overpriced as are the any RV, but the Airstreams are a great trailer. If you ever want to sell it, the Airstream will bring WAY more than any trailer on the market no matter how old it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X