Davy Crockett Hunting Thread 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    The news and TTHA magazine. The cats definitely out of the bag.

Kinda how I heard about it myself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
      One of these days ppl will learn the hard way. The less they say on the internet about public hunting the better off they are.
      Sharing makes you a better human for the time being,don't be greedy buddy. Whoever wants it bad enough will find it.period

Comment

How about this year we start a east texas public land thread? That can include all the public land around the area. I know everyone likes sharing their finds and I always just saw east texas public land. That narrows it down enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
          How about this year we start a east texas public land thread? That can include all the public land around the area. I know everyone likes sharing their finds and I always just saw east texas public land. That narrows it down enough for me.

I like this idea. This way it’s not so specific. I learned my lesson about posting too many details on these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
            One of these days ppl will learn the hard way. The less they say on the internet about public hunting the better off they are.
            The DCNF guys don't talk much... for a reason, you will see very few reply's but lots and lots on the view counter

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              I like this idea. This way it’s not so specific. I learned my lesson about posting too many details on these threads.

Very true can’t share to much info.

Comment

There are no big deer in East Texas..

Comment

The news and TTHA magazine. The cats definitely out of the bag.
                  Blame it on Ambush.

Comment

I view this thread for entertainment, people fishing for info, lol.

This gets complicated. If pics are posted, it does draw attention to certain areas. Yes its public, so its avail to everyone. I don't want everyone using it, hard enough to get deer, without extra pressure, people. I would never try to run anyone off, and usually speak to other hunters in the areas. BUt I never try to welcome hunters in to any public areas that I am hunting.

Its very hard to get good deer on public lands, so people that do so, are tight lipped about it. Some areas are better for bigger deer than other public areas. Regardless of whether the New people who scour the internet looking for tips get a deer, its still extra pressure in a area. There was increased activity in DCNF, and it has been increasing the past few years. I walk up on/through more people than I used to. I believe the internet is partly responsible. Leases go up, people look for new areas, and hence research public land.

Giving tips to people doesn't make you a better person, and not doing so doesn't make you a bad person/greedy. People who hunt theses areas spend lots of time and effort doing what they do. They don't want people to profit from their hard work. They don't want people pressuring their areas. Public deer are fickle. People should do their own "footwork" to check on an area, and not rely on public internet postings to narrow their search. Public land hunting is very hard, and not usually rewarding.

In addition, not all people are good, they ;leave trash, steal things, so more people means increase in ratio of bad people as well. People Might ask to see if anyone wants to go scouting, teach them to scout, then develop those friendships. I have tried to help new hunters get into public land hunting, but a friendship was developed first.

I like seeing big deer, but whether lease of public, doesn't really matter. Lease deer wander into public land, so they are the SAME. There was an East TExas thread in the public forum with lots of pics, I liked it, and it never said where the deer were killed. These public land threads have had a negative impact on the hunting in some areas, not just DCNF. I hunt multiple public lands, and my response in not just to DCNF, but all public land forums that draw attention to those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                      I like this as long as them darn sam hunters stay out. Just kidding, those guys are smart. Just as good deer there, just don't get posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                        I view this thread for entertainment, people fishing for info, lol.

This gets complicated. If pics are posted, it does draw attention to certain areas. Yes its public, so its avail to everyone. I don't want everyone using it, hard enough to get deer, without extra pressure, people. I would never try to run anyone off, and usually speak to other hunters in the areas. BUt I never try to welcome hunters in to any public areas that I am hunting.

Its very hard to get good deer on public lands, so people that do so, are tight lipped about it. Some areas are better for bigger deer than other public areas. Regardless of whether the New people who scour the internet looking for tips get a deer, its still extra pressure in a area. There was increased activity in DCNF, and it has been increasing the past few years. I walk up on/through more people than I used to. I believe the internet is partly responsible. Leases go up, people look for new areas, and hence research public land.

Giving tips to people doesn't make you a better person, and not doing so doesn't make you a bad person/greedy. People who hunt theses areas spend lots of time and effort doing what they do. They don't want people to profit from their hard work. They don't want people pressuring their areas. Public deer are fickle. People should do their own "footwork" to check on an area, and not rely on public internet postings to narrow their search. Public land hunting is very hard, and not usually rewarding.

In addition, not all people are good, they ;leave trash, steal things, so more people means increase in ratio of bad people as well. People Might ask to see if anyone wants to go scouting, teach them to scout, then develop those friendships. I have tried to help new hunters get into public land hunting, but a friendship was developed first.

I like seeing big deer, but whether lease of public, doesn't really matter. Lease deer wander into public land, so they are the SAME. There was an East TExas thread in the public forum with lots of pics, I liked it, and it never said where the deer were killed. These public land threads have had a negative impact on the hunting in some areas, not just DCNF. I hunt multiple public lands, and my response in not just to DCNF, but all public land forums that draw attention to those areas.
                        You got that right, Whitney/Aquilla is a shadow of what it was 15 years ago, notice how many fewer post there were in this years thread compared to the previous year and the previous year, its been going down because the pressure has finally been getting to that place, we found greener pastures about 2 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Blame it on Ambush.
                          I’m not blaming him by any means. That guy busts his hump for those government deer. The internet in general is the culprit.

Comment

I’m not blaming him by any means. That guy busts his hump for those government deer. The internet in general is the culprit.
                            I guess I should have added a

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              I guess I should have added a
                              I knew you were "." I just didn't want anyone else thinking my comment was directed at him.

Comment

Sure he does. We all know its really him we see 100 yards from the road in a tree while we are driving in.

I don't know about y'all but i am ready to get back in the woods. I have a feeling its gonna be a miserable bow season this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X