No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a little 7 acre place that a friend lets me hunt surrounded on 3 sides by NF. I put up a feeder, pop up and a camera there last week. Can't wait to see what I have showing up. It's in a great area.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
      I have a little 7 acre place that a friend lets me hunt surrounded on 3 sides by NF. I put up a feeder, pop up and a camera there last week. Can't wait to see what I have showing up. It's in a great area.
      I'd like to borrow you friend..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
        I'd like to borrow you friend..

Haha!! Yeah I've known him forever, he's getting older and doesn't hunt much. He was talking about all the deer he sees there, and then mentioned I should come out and hunt. Needless to say I didn't waste any time taking him up on it.

Comment

Best place I ever hunted was land locked by the nf. Only a road to get in. Amazing how many deer we saw

Comment

Best place I ever hunted was land locked by the nf. Only a road to get in. Amazing how many deer we saw

I bet so. Give them a little sanctuary then let all the hunters from the NF push them to you.

Comment

This cooler weather is starting to make my neck swell. It's getting about that time. Hope the weather man is right about the conditions for this weekend. Should be a good one!

Comment

This cooler weather is starting to make my neck swell. It's getting about that time. Hope the weather man is right about the conditions for this weekend. Should be a good one!

Hope you are right. We all sweated our tails off last opener. Although I won't get to the NF until mid or late Oct. this year.

Good luck to everyone making a go this weekend

Comment

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slow day, did it seem that way for everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                      Slow day, did it seem that way for everyone else?
                      Yup. Skunked this morning. But this evening thought I heard a pig so while I was looking that direct I saw a buck, not sure if he was big or what he was moving at a good pace. I guess he grunted. Hopeful for the morning hunt.

Comment

Very slow for us too. I saw one deer off in the distance. Couldn't make out what it was. It was moving quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Slow again this morning. But about 25 minutes ago I had 2 bucks at about 80 yards sparing. Couldn't tell much other than they were bucks one looked pretty good. They were in some brush. Going to try to make a move on them tonight. They were within 30 yards of where I saw that buck lastnight. So maybe I'm learning something on them.

Last edited by BW96; 10-02-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Little late but I ended up climbing down and then put a stalk on a few pigs. Felt good to get the blood flowing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_104731.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24465016

Comment

Nicely done BW. We didn't see anything but birds this morning. Hopefully it picks up when I'm down there again in a few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                                Nicely done BW. We didn't see anything but birds this morning. Hopefully it picks up when I'm down there again in a few weeks

I hear you. Luckily I took off tomorrow so I'm getting an evening and morning hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X