Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s my cousins joke lol she got a glass 1 lol. Got the bow earlier fixin put it together n try her out after I get 4wheeler going that got drowned out n a flooded rd

Comment

I had an uncle with one. Used to pop it out to gross out the kids after a few Black Label or PBRs. Next was his dentures.

Comment

Ok let’s do this part

My name is mike wagstaff I was first baby born n 1975 n Shelby co, lived in Shelby co as a kid then my parents moved to Jefferson co during my elementary years n went to groves elementary middle school n png high school. My 7th grade science teacher was big into archery n got me excited in it, I started lashing trees together that would shoot a 2018 a couple hundred yards. When I was 12 I went to ac’s archery n port acres n got a compound n started shooting every day, the next year I bought a Damon howatt hunter. I went to work at ac’s when I turned 16 n stayed till they shut the doors in 92 n I left n moved back to Shelby co with my grandparents.

I went to panola college n their forestry program n was a timber buyer after I got out, then ended up skidded spraying logging etc. in 99 moved to warren n went to work for champion international n Ip took us over n layer us off so we tstarted our own wood dealership n was in on the buying n selling of champions land. We ran 30-40 loggers for 12 years n I did controlled burning as well burning 10,000-15,000 acres a year. During this time I opened my own bow and gun shop first n Chester then moved it to Livingston. Had it for 9 years n then divorce closed it as well as my logging crew trucks controlled burning so I left n went to running a airboat spraying lakes in tx n la. Then I went to work at crest natural resources n will have to drag me away dead!! Got remarried as well. Have 4 kids, 4 step kids n 2 grand babies. Life member nra, sons of confederate veterans as well. I’m big into history especially 1865 n before.

While I had my bowshop I got back into 3D archery big time,started my own course as well as me n my ex became asa southern reps, as well as shooting every asa shoot in tx n going to roams all over the country. I have bowfished for 30 years n use to be hardcore on the tournament trail but my back doesn’t allow me to do that anymore.

Ima gun and bow nut n have been since I was 5, also shoot firearms competition n love traditional muzzleloaders. I have the guy sell trade disease bad n went through hundreds of bows n over a thousand guns I have killed hogs with 94 different calibers, compound recurve n longbow. Part of my job is hunting n trapping hogs coons n beavers. I look after 100,000 acres n get to play a lot!! I have guided n culled deer on several mld places and taking clients. I still hunt with all forms of bows n guns n always will. I reload castbullets build all my own arrows, forge knives n hawks. I’ve hunted CO many time with lots of luck, took bear in Canada n looking forward to Buffalo with muzzleloader n longbow. I tend to shoot only long bows these days but got recurved n compounds around as well. Still bowfish n shoot 3D with both as well

I’ll stop before I write a book I can go on all day!!! Enjoy the bow so far, love the thin grip!! I have had 11 of bobs bows n this grip feels better than ones I remember!!

Comment

That's a long write up. Don't see that much anymore. Thanx!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            That's a long write up. Don't see that much anymore. Thanx!

Gary
            Yep, I appreciate details as well.

Comment

Well been shooting her n the yard for the most part, was hoping to shoot a little 3D with her but don’t look like that is gonna happen. Gonna bait some hogs up Wednesday n maybe we can get them to cooperate

Comment

Good luck on the pigs Mike!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is an amazing adventure to follow. Took me 3 days to get through the write ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    This is an amazing adventure to follow. Took me 3 days to get through the write ups.
                    You should take her for a spin.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      You should take her for a spin.

Gary
                      That would be amazing!! And likely cost me money purchasing a new bow!

Comment

Heck I seem to so that yearly. [emoji41]

Gary

Comment

She flings aluminum 2016’s pretty well
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
                            She flings aluminum 2016’s pretty well
                            Looks like a dead pig to me! Looking forward to the story that shall follow!!!

Comment

Go kill a pig with her, Mike!!!!

Good luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well between dog hunters, rain, n a death in the family I wasn’t able to stick a pig with her, time send her to the next in line. Pm sent popup menace. Been fun bow to shoot n. Have shot the heck out of her in the yard y’all enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X