Traverse and VXR What Am I Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traverse and VXR What Am I Missing?

I was able to shoot the VXR 31.5 and the Traverse for the first time. Now the shop didn’t have 30” mods for me to shoot my exact draw, but the Traverse seemed to have much smoother draw. The traverse was 28” and the VXR was 29”. Would the shorter draw make that much of a difference or does the traverse draw that much smoother?

I shot both. Many times. On multiple different days. The Traverse was always the better feeling and better shooting bow for me. No question. I have no bias since I didn’t end up purchasing either of them. I’d still take a “like new” Traverse if someone offered it to me at Coronavirus prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
      I was able to shoot the VXR 31.5 and the Traverse for the first time. Now the shop didn’t have 30” mods for me to shoot my exact draw, but the Traverse seemed to have much smoother draw. The traverse was 28” and the VXR was 29”. Would the shorter draw make that much of a difference or does the traverse draw that much smoother?
      1” will make a difference in felt draw without a doubt. It’s an unfair comparison.

I shot the VXR 31.5 a couple of weekends ago. I was a nice bow, but I prefer the draw cycle on my Xpedition MX-16.

Comment

With the CCT mods the draw length doesn’t have much effect on the smoothness of the draw. The mods compensate for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          I shot both. Many times. On multiple different days. The Traverse was always the better feeling and better shooting bow for me. No question. I have no bias since I didn’t end up purchasing either of them. I’d still take a “like new” Traverse if someone offered it to me at Coronavirus prices.
          I know what you mean. Watching the classifieds heavy. I’d probably take either for the right deal.

Did you end up purchasing another brand?

Comment

Traverse is a 33” ATA , possibly why it feels better ?
            Last edited by MD2TX; 04-04-2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              1” will make a difference in felt draw without a doubt. It’s an unfair comparison.

I shot the VXR 31.5 a couple of weekends ago. I was a nice bow, but I prefer the draw cycle on my Xpedition MX-16.
              I have never shot an expedition. I would have to look and see where my closest dealer is.

Comment

I have never shot an expedition. I would have to look and see where my closest dealer is.
                You won’t find one around here unfortunately. If you make it up towards TYLER, let me know. I have two different models you could try out. They are incredibly smooth. This year I shot Prime, PSE, Elite, Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews, and Obsession. Overall, the Xpedition is my favorite. Like everything else, it’s all personal preference, but that’s my take on it.

This is my preference order:

Xpedition
                Mathews/Bowtech
                PSE
                Obsession
                Elite
                Hoyt
                Prime
                Last edited by Sleepy; 04-04-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

That 1” could feel different to ya. Depends on what you notice in a bow when shooting. Can’t go wrong with either one but the versatility allowed with the switchweight system is pure greatness for so many reasons.

If you’re headed to DFW any time soon, I’ve got a wall full of 31.5’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    That 1” could feel different to ya. Depends on what you notice in a bow when shooting. Can’t go wrong with either one but the versatility allowed with the switchweight system is pure greatness for so many reasons.

If you’re headed to DFW any time soon, I’ve got a wall full of 31.5’s.
                    Are you a dealer?

Comment

Are you a dealer?
                      Yes sir. Cinnamon Creek Archery.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Yes sir. Cinnamon Creek Archery.
                        Don't know how I did not know that. Awesome!

Comment

Don’t know about them but in BowTech the difference in a 28” bow and a 29.5 and longer is sometimes a completely different animal.

I’d go shoot Your DL in whatever model you want first

Be like test driving all the different eco boost F-150 and saying “yep, I’ll take a red super duty!”

Comment

Working...
                          X