My daughter smoked a nice one!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter smoked a nice one!!!

Had a little time after our hunters left yesterday to get in a blind with my youngest daughter Remington and her new crossbow. Saturday night her older sister Ava tagged along to run the camera for us. We all packed into a pop-up at the ranch and waited for a doe or cull. Feeder went off and first thing we were covered in aoudad and red stag. They hammered the protein and corn for a while and finally a few whitetail started to trickle in. They were a bit nervous with everything at the feeders so they never really gave us a good shot. About 30 minutes before dark we had some gemsbok come crashing in and our hopes for a deer vanished.

Fast forward to this morning, Ava decided to sit with my wife in a different spot so me and Remi went back to the same pop-up and crossed our fingers that the aoudad and stag would stay away. Feeder spun and here came the deer. No aoudad this time but a few red hinds and calves. Everything was settling in and we were trying to pick out a good doe. About 20 minutes later a big 180ish buck came in and had this management buck tagging along with him. I made sure to keep my finger firmly on the safety while the big guy was feeding in front because Remi was quick to tell me how much she liked him and how pretty he was in the scope. After about 10-15 minutes our guy stepped over to the protein feeder with a doe and was clear for the shot. I got the camera going and gave her the green light. He turned perfectly broadside and looked at us just as she touched it off. She hit him perfect and he jetted into the treeline and over a small hill about 30 yards away. After 15 agonizing minutes I snuck out and found the bolt, covered in blood. The Jackhammer popped him good. I peeked over the hill and saw him dead about 10 yards on the other side. I motioned to Remi to come out and we followed the blood trail to the top of the hill until she spotted him. We called Mom and Ava and they walked over to us, they were only about 300 yards away. It was a great morning with the family and a perfect ending to a weekend with some great new friends.

13 points or "spikes" as she says and 136". Her best buck ever and first to shoot with a crossbow, she's hooked on it now. She said she really liked how much different it was than rifle hunting and being so close to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to the young lady. Great deer!

Comment

Congrats, that’s a hell of a cull buck!!

Comment

Congrats to her, that is a good looking cull!

Comment

Nice buck, but even better, it's a good thing they look like their momma. [emoji13]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer, congratulations young lady.

Comment

Great Job Remington....and Mom and Dad. That's a nice Buck!!!

Comment

Congrats to the lil lady! lol, very nice cull!

Comment

Good stuff right there! Congrats to her and Dad!

Comment

Congrats to Remington!!! That's a dandy of a buck. Good job.

Comment

Nice, congrats to the young lady

Comment

Too cool, Matt. Congrats, Remi!

Comment

Nice

Skinny

Comment

Congrats Remi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome deer great job