Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 05-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
CalcasieuTiger
Spike

Default Peace River Valley Alberta - Experiences and Trip Planning

Hi everyone. I'm new to this website and I like what I've seen so far. I'm looking to make a DIY spot and stalk hunt for mulies in the Peace River Valley of Alberta, Canada. My post is two parts.

First, I'm looking for people who have hunted the Peace River Valley in Alberta, Canada. Specifically, spot and stalk Mule deer with bow. I would like to hear your experiences with all the details. Public or private land? Guided or DIY? etc etc...

Second, this will be my first hunting trip out of the country and I'm just not sure where to start. How difficult is it to gain access to hunt on private land there? How do I go about gaining that access? How much viable public land is there in the area and is it heavily pressured? I already have a resident Canadian citizen that is going to be taking me, thus eliminating the need for a guide. However, he is from the other side of the country and is not providing much help in regarding to finding places to hunt.

TIA
CalcasieuTiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top