No announcement yet.

Deer lease. Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well again, I talked to another gentleman who has a 250 acre place out towards Marble Falls/Burnet. This will be his first year leasing it, he wants 5 guns at $3,000 a gun but wants to it as a package deal. Meaning he wants a family of 5 to hunt the place and pay $3,000 a person. Crazy expensive but he said he can show me huge deer on the property. He does have a small, 20 acre place, that is attached to it but separated that he would do a "special deal" for me on if I just wanted to hunt it by myself for $3000 bucks lol. Not sure how that is a special deal considering the price per gun for the larger property. I think if I can meet the guy face to face, he's an older country fella, that I can "southern charm" him down to $2,000 lol. It has no livestock, has a camper with a couple rooms and storage shed. He has feeders and two blinds set up.

Maybe it is just the "rich" Austin area that I am in that is screwing me.

Comment

Originally posted by bcj jones View Post
      Well again, I talked to another gentleman who has a 250 acre place out towards Marble Falls/Burnet. This will be his first year leasing it, he wants 5 guns at $3,000 a gun but wants to it as a package deal. Meaning he wants a family of 5 to hunt the place and pay $3,000 a person. Crazy expensive but he said he can show me huge deer on the property. He does have a small, 20 acre place, that is attached to it but separated that he would do a "special deal" for me on if I just wanted to hunt it by myself for $3000 bucks lol. Not sure how that is a special deal considering the price per gun for the larger property. I think if I can meet the guy face to face, he's an older country fella, that I can "southern charm" him down to $2,000 lol. It has no livestock, has a camper with a couple rooms and storage shed. He has feeders and two blinds set up.

Maybe it is just the "rich" Austin area that I am in that is screwing me.
      At least your finding places to look at.

I feel like I need to have 5k just to start looking.

I like that Burnet area. Not a bad drive from Hutto.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
        At least your finding places to look at.

I feel like I need to have 5k just to start looking.

I like that Burnet area. Not a bad drive from Hutto.

You interested, if needed, to split one of the smaller 20-25 acre properties?

Comment

I got him down to $1,500 just for me for anyone that is curios. I've hunted every morning for the past two weeks. I've seen doe every morning and shot one yesterday. Saw a huge bodied, wide rack 10-12 point last week 100 yards from the feeder. The convenience and the amount of time I can spend in the stand is worth the price to me. Especially knowing another guy out in Burnet wanted $3000 for his 20 acre property as well.

Thanks again for the help, ill stick with this place for at least one more season!

Comment

IMO if you're happy with it then it's worth the money. Yes you could join a lease that's alot bigger for the same money then you'll have people hunting around you. If it has good deer on it then I'd be all in. I hunt a place that's actually inside of city limits. This town allows you to bowhunt inside city limits as long as it's atleast 15 acres. Its 22 acres and I'll tell you now that I'd gladly pay 2200 if that's what it took. And it has cows on it we just put up a feeder pen. And I'm 3 hours from it

Comment

Originally posted by bcj jones View Post
              I got him down to $1,500 just for me for anyone that is curios. I've hunted every morning for the past two weeks. I've seen doe every morning and shot one yesterday. Saw a huge bodied, wide rack 10-12 point last week 100 yards from the feeder. The convenience and the amount of time I can spend in the stand is worth the price to me. Especially knowing another guy out in Burnet wanted $3000 for his 20 acre property as well.

Thanks again for the help, ill stick with this place for at least one more season!
              So a little late to say I'll split it.. ha ha ha. Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                So a little late to say I'll split it.. ha ha ha. Good for you.

Haha sorry. If he changes his mind i'll let you know. I can point you in the direction of the guy out in Burnet with 20 acres. He wants $3,000 though. Sounds like a good little place though, has a small 2 room cabin and a little barn for a 4 wheeler etc.

Comment

Working...
                X