Here Comes Ol Man Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
    space city weather says we shouldn't see anymore freezes after next monday...
    I think he(Eric Berger) means no more freezes associated with this Arctic Front coming through on Saturday, not no more freezes in general.

This looks to be the start of a period of frequent cold air intrusions into the US. Whether or not the really cold stuff reaches our area is another thing, but if you like cold weather, the next few weeks look good.
    Last edited by ccbluewater; 01-14-2019, 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Here Comes Ol Man Winter

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      We haven't had a brutally cold february in decades, I'll believe it when I see it, guessing this month will be around normal temps too, we just do not have ice snow events like we used to...

There or 4 of the most significant ice/snow events of my lifetime have been in the last 5-9 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As always Johnny thanks for the advanced warning. I’m not as “geeked” up about this weekend’s front as I am about the overall pattern (change) and the following surge of cold air the middle of next week. Going to be interesting if the Arctic loads and reloads a few times through Feb.

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        We haven't had a brutally cold february in decades, I'll believe it when I see it, guessing this month will be around normal temps too, we just do not have ice snow events like we used to...
        Not sure where you are, but early February 2012 was plenty brutal. Lubbock stayed below freezing for 72 hrs+ and 48 of that was sub 0-10 degrees for highs.

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
        My wather is predicting 70's this weekend with the artic front coming in Monday.
        I’d bet on it sooner rather than later. These significant cold fronts tend to arrive earlier rather than later. Hard to predict the speed of that cold dense air

Comment

Remember thunder in January freeze by march. Thundered on 3 Jan.
          The man who told me this would be over a 100 now

Comment

Good weekend to sit home and cut meat.

Good thing that was already the plan

Comment

Its coming, albeit a little behind schedule.

Comment

it can sleet/snow at 30 degrees and be sub-zero and perfectly clear. the 2 aren't always correlated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  Just curious. How is it that you seem to have better insight on the weather Johnny than the usual sources?
                  The one rule about weather club is that you don't talk about weather club.

You obviously haven't followed any of his weather related threads.

He and a few others who chime in on these threads know their stuff much better than the pinheads on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    it can sleet/snow at 30 degrees and be sub-zero and perfectly clear. the 2 aren't always correlated.
                    That’s absolutely true. The colder the air, the drier the air. And big arctic pushes can send these low pressure systems well south, leaving a lot of the state with no available moisture to work with

Comment

31 in Houston Saturday....yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        31 in Houston Saturday....yawn.
                        You're not paying attention.....

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                          Remember thunder in January freeze by march. Thundered on 3 Jan.
                          The man who told me this would be over a 100 now
                          My grandmother always told me thunder in January ice in April.

Comment

Following.

Was going to go hunting until I saw the winds expected for this weekend

Comment

Why can’t we have cold weather before season is almost over?!

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                The one rule about weather club is that you don't talk about weather club.

You obviously haven't followed any of his weather related threads.

He and a few others who chime in on these threads know their stuff much better than the pinheads on TV.
                                Roger that!

Comment

Working...
                                X