No announcement yet.

Ever regretted.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, ha, I did have 2 buddies with me when I caught her. Pretty sure I did get lucky, sadly I remember the fish more than the chick I had the date with. I’ll catch another one day, and it will go on the wall for sure.

Comment

Not me but had a buddy catch a nice bull red once. It was huge. After he put it in the freezer he had the idea of checking what the state record was. He did weigh and measure it before he cleaned it. I don’t remember the specifics but it was around 6” longer and 10#’s heavier than the state record at that time. I believe it was 60+ inches. We still talk about that and that was 25 years ago.

Comment

I have a cool looking redfish I caught with my BIL. Took pictures and measurements for a replica but never pulled the trigger. I still have the chance, just keep putting it off.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
          I have a cool looking redfish I caught with my BIL. Took pictures and measurements for a replica but never pulled the trigger. I still have the chance, just keep putting it off.

No time like the present [emoji12]

Comment

There were a few in college that I regret not mounting. It was probably the right decision...but I regret doing the right thing if that makes sense.

Comment

Probably the only animal would be that bull in my avatar. Just took a quick picture and released him. I wouldn't say I regret it though. We measured him and I could have a replica made if I want. Hoping to reel in a bigger one (he was only 41.5") some day!

Now when I pull in a toad on Rayburn, Conroe, or Toledo over 8 that joker is gonna be made into a replica. One of these days.

Comment

Skull mounts are good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Yep. Cinnamon Teal.

Gary
                  Same here. I shot a beautiful Cinnamon Teal about 15 years ago. Skinned him and fried him up. Later I regretted it. He had the brightest colors on any I've ever seen.

Comment

A couple of wood duck drakes and some beautiful mallards I shot while living in AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                      I caught an 11 pound bass once...and filleted it. Had a hot date, and didn’t even think about it until it was too late. Pre cell phones and cheap disposable cameras, didn’t even get a picture.
                      Same here...except mine was a 12 pounder!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                        There were a few in college that I regret not mounting. It was probably the right decision...but I regret doing the right thing if that makes sense.
                        It does. That's why I throw caution to the wind and mount up. I hate living with regrets.

Comment

I shot a Turkey with five beards and could kick
                          Myself for not doing a full body mount

Comment

Before I really started duck hunting i was at the deer lease and decided to go sit on a tank one evening and see if I could shoot some ducks. I had two coming right at me and folded them both. It was 2 stud bluewing teal drakes and it was end of December so they were fully plumed out. I cleaned and ate them. Havent shot another one since. I'm eat up with duck hunting now and would love to have one on the wall. We just dont see them during season. I also shot a stud of a pintail one morning and was living at my aunt and uncles during the week while I worked in the area. I had him in the garage freezer and a few weeks later I left over the weekend. When I came back to their house I was gonna go drop him off and my aunt had cleaned out the freezer for the first time in forever and threw him out. I wanted to cry lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad killed an 8pt decades back,(his only deer) he always wished he had it mounted. A friend of mine killed funky horned 6pt that had a beautiful pelt. I took the pelt and had that 8pt mounted, he was very happy.

Comment

Yep. My first big deer ever was an 11 pt. Mulie I shot with my dad. Such an amazing memory and we never did anything except keep the antlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X