X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Just came across the local news as "breaking news"

"The AR 15 is the gun of choice for mass shooters" smh
    And imagine this. Story over ISIS came right after and they didn't condemn ISIS as bad as they did the "murderous AR 15"

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
      What does Colt stand to win by pandering to the left? Just curious.

Enormous government contracts approved by democrats and spineless republicans?

Comment

I call BS on their reasoning and public statement.

They are located in Connecticut and have been experiencing increasing pressure from the left. They are trying to pander to the left without pissing off everyone else.

I’ll help them catch up on their manufacturing by never buying another Colt product!

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          Thank you for posting that. Direct from Colt’s marketing and legal team.

I fixed it.

Comment

I may be wrong but Colt and Smith and Wesson have both done this in the past when they get big government contracts and they have surplus. It’s just about conducting business. Why make guns to put on retailers shelves when you have a contract to produce x amount in a certain time guaranteed $$$. I agree the market is flooded right now

Comment

Enormous government contracts approved by democrats and spineless republicans?
              They already have those contracts.

Comment

If they weren’t selling any rifles then what exactly is the point of issuing a public statement that they’re no longer building them?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                  I call BS on their reasoning and public statement.

They are located in Connecticut and have been experiencing increasing pressure from the left. They are trying to pander to the left without pissing off everyone else.

I’ll help them catch up on their manufacturing by never buying another Colt product!
                  So you think they should continue pumping product into an over saturated market - losing money in the process- just to stay on the right side of some percentage of gun advocates?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    If they weren’t selling any rifles then what exactly is the point of issuing a public statement that they’re no longer building them?
                    What public statement did they issue?
                    Looks like an FYI e-mail to a distributor got spun by the liberal media and people like you into something it wasn't. Way to go. The screen name WashingtonPost isn't taken-- maybe you should consider it.
                    Colt only issued a statement today, in response to articles going back over a week.
                    Last edited by meltingfeather; 09-19-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Everything I read was from today, Including the statement on colts website. Sorry I didn’t track that email down.

It sounds like people like you refuse to believe a company engaged in government contracts, (a company who lost all its contracts in 2013) could possibly bend to political pressure and spin it as an unprofitable business.

It’s ironic that the company who has been making this rifle longer than anyone can’t make a better value for consumers. Maybe they deserve to go bankrupt.

Comment

Oh goodness.

Comment

This is at least the third thread on this... If y'all would go to the PACE and read there, it would save you from posting the exact same thing over and over...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            So you think they should continue pumping product into an over saturated market - losing money in the process- just to stay on the right side of some percentage of gun advocates?
                            So there is no market? Really?

The only argument to be made is they can’t compete in the market.
                            That would be more believable.

It was a calculated PR move to appease the political pressure they have been facing.

And yes they probably should have calculated that gun advocates are there market base.
                            Last edited by TXHunter12; 09-19-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              This is at least the third thread on this... If y'all would go to the PACE and read there, it would save you from posting the exact same thing over and over...
                              I hadn’t seen it. Are they just not manufacturing them anymore?

Comment

Didn’t t everyone say the same thing in the 90’s when they stoped selling to the civilian market completely?

Comment

Working...
                                X