Ever Pulled Your LTC Weapon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Pulled Your LTC Weapon???

I'd like to hear your LTC/CHL stories. My wife and I had to each draw ours in separate incidents only two weeks apart. This world is a crazy place.

So lets hear your story....

Comment

Sounds like a bragging post padding party coming up!!! Draw Pilgrims!!!! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope....and I'm glad!

Comment

Nope. I haven't been in a situation where deadly force might be required yet and I hope that situation never arises. If I'm to the point where my weapon is drawn, things have just gotten extremely serious. I've found most situations are controllable by just tapping into your inner redneck!

Comment

Once in a Taqueria Cancun at Gessner and Hammerley very late at night. Fight broke out, knives came out, and I stayed in my booth with pistol out of the holster but still concealed. The restaurant called one time and when they showed up it settled.

Second time was filling up at a gas station on 290 at 3am. Guy came directly at me quickly from under the overpass and had his hand across his body and in his coat. I stepped into the open from the driver's door with my revolver clearly in my hand and he bolted.

Fortunately that concludes the extent of my experience with having to use my LTC weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              Sounds like a bragging post padding party coming up!!! Draw Pilgrims!!!! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Time for a PM clean out!

Comment

Comment

I carry but hope I never need it. But, it is there just in case.

Comment

Bragging??? I hope you are joking. The stories are very straight forward with no frills or death defying feats of heroism.

Mine was this: Road rage incident by another driver. I had my wife and kids in the truck. He was confused about a new intersection near Ikea in Round Rock. Many of you know this spot. Anyway, he began screaming profanity then, tried to run us off the road 3x and got in front of us at a traffic light. He jumped out with a baseball bat and charged my truck with it cocked and ready to swing. I drew and he didn't stop. Luckily, my open truck door was between us which gave him enough pause to realize he was mere inches away from a deadly situation. He lowered his bat and said, "you started it." I truly don't know if he was confused or deranged but it nearly ended badly.

Fast Forward two weeks...

My wife's story: Due to her schedule, she shops late. She was at Walmart about 11 PM and nearly alone in the parking lot except for one "nasty looking man" (as she described him) standing across the lot. She noticed him (situational awareness), loaded her groceries, closed the rear door and kept an eye on him. She said, she quickly got into her vehicle and locked the door. When she reached for her seat belt, the guy was at her door trying to open it and banging on the window. She drew, he threw up his hands and backed away. She called the cops and he ran.

Those were two sucky days.

Comment

I forgot to add...my wife resisted carrying a weapon for years. My incident is what led her to carry a weapon which may have ultimately saved her life. It still gives me chills.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                        Bragging??? I hope you are joking. The stories are very straight forward with no frills or death defying feats of heroism.

Mine was this: Road rage incident by another driver. I had my wife and kids in the truck. He was confused about a new intersection near Ikea in Round Rock. Many of you know this spot. Anyway, he began screaming profanity then, tried to run us off the road 3x and got in front of us at a traffic light. He jumped out with a baseball bat and charged my truck with it cocked and ready to swing. I drew and he didn't stop. Luckily, my open truck door was between us which gave him enough pause to realize he was mere inches away from a deadly situation. He lowered his bat and said, "you started it." I truly don't know if he was confused or deranged but it nearly ended badly.

Fast Forward two weeks...

My wife's story: Due to her schedule, she shops late. She was at Walmart about 11 PM and nearly alone in the parking lot except for one "nasty looking man" (as she described him) standing across the lot. She noticed him (situational awareness), loaded her groceries, closed the rear door and kept an eye on him. She said, she quickly got into her vehicle and locked the door. When she reached for her seat belt, the guy was at her door trying to open it and banging on the window. She drew, he threw up his hands and backed away. She called the cops and he ran.

Those were two sucky days.
                        Don't mind him... he just likes to talk crap to everyone so he can feel important!

Fortunately, I've never pulled mine

Comment

I re-read his post. No problem. If you never have to pull it, feel blessed for it. If you do, you will never look at life the same way again. You will lose a little something inside you and gain an acute awareness about everything. It can be really annoying at times too!

Comment

24 years of carrying off duty and never had to stick it under anyone's chin yet. Hope I never have to. I keep a very low profile. I also don't make a very good target for folks so my chances are lower than most. I'm quite a bit larger than most of the population so don't make a good soft target.

Comment

Pulled mine for the first time in my driveway a few months ago at almost midnight. Luckily it defused quickly and the guy was drunk and looking for the previous people who lived in my house (over 7 years ago) wife heard noise he was having trouble opening my back gate and was coming to my back door (not front) which worried me even more. No street lights where we live and it was dark. I opened the gate and came around the corner and was facing a stranger at maybe 5 yards. My pistol has a light and I used that to see him so my gun was pointing his direction i said something of the sort of what the f are you doing and he couldn't see me clearly due to light he just kept saying "you know me man " I was replying I don't know you and telling him to put up his hands. After asking several questions and telling him to step back hands up etc. He finally said "you knew me (name of guy he thought lived here)" and it clicked in my brain. Called the previous owner of house (a relative of mine) and made sure everything matched up. Found out their friend died and the funeral was that evening everyone went out to the bar after and the stranger to me was coming by after being at the bar for a few hrs to talk to him about it unannounced.
                              Don't show up drunk at an old friends house you haven't been to in 10 years. Couldn't go to sleep for another hr. I didn't know my wife followed me out she was rattled said she thought I was going to shoot the guy the way I was yelling at him when he wouldn't do a dang thing I told him to. Looking back I was extremely calm through it all and never saw a need to shoot him I could see his hands the whole time and felt comftorable knowing my gun was already drawn, guess I figured I was in control at that point. I was really just trying to get him on the dang ground and didn't want him any closer to my unlocked door with my kid asleep then he already was and my wife to call the police before we figured out the situation
                              I was just a bad combo. Almost midnight, couldn't see him out my window before walking out into pitch black, knew someone was there making a crap load of noise at my gate( I thought he was in my shop next to it when I heard the noise initially) it all worked out though in the end maybe 45 seconds is all it took but felt like forever

I've never had to even hint I had a gun when carrying concealed in public and hope I never do.
                              Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 02-03-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X