Jumping the fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping the fence

Morning everyone. I have a 10 month old Labradoodle and a 3 month old beagle and the two of them will not stay inside our backyard. It is kinda funny to watch but the Beagle is the brain and labradoodle is the muscle. That doodle will pull the bottom of the chain link fence so the beagle can get out and then he will just jump over. I have drove t-posts here and there, put big rocks in this place and that place and the fence looks like poo poo. Will one of those buried wire fences with a shock collar that the dogs wear help with this? Thanks for advice!!

Here is a pic of the two fellas
    Last edited by Bearbarrow; 09-01-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

A buried fence placed just inside your existing fence will do the trick. I had (invisible fence) install mine

Comment

Do you have a video of the escape? They look exhausted from a full day of escaping.
        Last edited by WItoTX; 12-07-2016, 09:07 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Yup, that'll do the trick! My JRT apparently tests the battery in her collar on a regular basis. If she discovers it's time to change it before I do, she is gone!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol....

Comment

ha this is awesome

Comment

I had two escape artist labs, when I lived in Victoria.
                The female would go over, the male would go under.

I ended up building a kennel with a hot wire around the top and bottom.
                It took the leader (female) getting hit 3 times in a row, when she tried to jump out, before she gave up and stayed in the kennel.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Do you have a video of the escape? They look exhausted from a full day of escaping.
                  No I don't have a video. This all happens when we leave. I did see it happen Saturday morning but that was the only time this past weekend. My next door neighbor watched it both Monday and yesterday. They let the little Beagle come in their house and she told me Doodle would just lay in their front yard. I guess he missed his little buddy.

Comment

I love those beagle puppies. I gotta get me one. They are some smart little suckers.

Comment

Hot wire top and bottom will fix your problem

Comment

had a lab that would jump the fence. put hot wire around the top. she hit it once and hasn't tried since.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearbarrow View Post
                          Morning everyone. I have a 10 month old Labradoodle and a 3 month old beagle and the two of them will not stay inside our backyard. It is kinda funny to watch but the Beagle is the brain and labradoodle is the muscle. That doodle will pull the bottom of the chain link fence so the beagle can get out and then he will just jump over. I have drove t-posts here and there, put big rocks in this place and that place and the fence looks like poo poo. Will one of those buried wire fences with a shock collar that the dogs wear help with this? Thanks for advice!!
                          We just installed one a few months back. It works great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearbarrow View Post
                            We just installed one a few months back. It works great!! Our lab does not even need to wear the collar anymore. We sometimes let her out without in on and she still stays inside the perimeter.

Comment

Fan of hot wire

Comment

Working...
                              X