Toyo vs Mastercraft tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyo vs Mastercraft tires?

Need new tires for the truck. Got a out the door quote for $976 for Toyo's and $757 for Mastercraft from two different places.
    Never run either one. Dont want cheapo's nor top of the line.
    Who's run em before? Likes and dislikes?

I don’t like toyos. I put a set on for about that price and didn’t get 20,000 miles out of them. I have a set of mastercraft on my truck now, have 10,000 Miles. They are wearing good but I don’t expect 30,000 from them honestly. If they last longer I will be happy. I drive county roads quite a bit and they’ll work on your tires more than pavement or asphalt

Comment

Which models?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        Which models?
        I knew someone would ask that. I forgot to write it down like a idiot.
        285-75-17 both were all terrain. Both said 40-50k.

Comment

I met a tire tester who was a retired officer. Him and his wife would drive around the utopia area he claimed all tires were built the same except for Toyo, something about the metal reinforcement behind the rubber made them superior. now I go with toyo and like them so far

Comment

I've always had good luck w/ Toyo's. I prefer Michelin LTX truck tires. But the last couple of times i've had to buy tires i haven't been able to afford them. I've gone with Toyo's with no real regrets.

Comment

I own 8 trucks for work. They all have Toyos. I will not run any other tire. Most are HT tread with a couple of sets of AT2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've gotten more miles out of Toyo.

Comment

I currently have Toyo MTs on my Jeep... I've got about 30k on them and there probably about another 30k left. They've worn VERY well but Jeeps are lighter than trucks. My. Rother in law has a set of ATs on his F150 and he says they will need to be replaced soon and only have 30k on them. I'll have a hard time buying anything else but the price tag on 35x12.5x17s in the MT is [emoji15].

Comment

Toyo makes a CT model tire now that is similar to the AT, but is supposed to last a lot longer. I have a friend that owns a tire shop, he runs Toyo, and he sells a ton of them.

Comment

Toyo... I have great luck with them.

Comment

I have a set of 285/65/18 Mastercraft AXT on a Ford f-150 4x4. Not all that impressed with them. About to have to get a new set and have just over 35k on them. I have talked to several people that run the Kumho AT-51 and are liking them. Toyo's are meh....nothing special but not bad in my experience.

Comment

I have mud terrain mastercraft for the ranch truck in the hill county. I like them for what they do on the ranch. Haven't had any problems. Cheap and reliable for off-road. I think I paid $150 or $160 a tire installed.
                          I have on my Polaris is the no flat tire you can see through (Terrain Armor). I have some ruff country, and would go through tires on the polaris.
                          As for the highway I love Michelin. Used to be a car hauler and got over 100k miles hauling 20k to 30k lbs. Michelins are on the suburban, and have about 60k on them now. They still look brand new. As long as you rotate every 5k to 10k you should be good. Use to run BF All Terrain until they changed the rubber to a softer compound about 10years ago. I feel they are junk now.
                          I've heard great things about Toyo tires.
                          It's hard for me to switch to some other tire. Unless Michelins get to proud of their tires.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                            Toyo makes a CT model tire now that is similar to the AT, but is supposed to last a lot longer. I have a friend that owns a tire shop, he runs Toyo, and he sells a ton of them.
                            How much more can you get? I consistently got 70k out of AT II’s - f250 PSD

Comment

Toyos..

Comment

Working...
                              X