Torquless grip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torquless grip?

Running a z7 extreme. After not shooting for awhile or just on occasion I’ve had issues gripping the same each time and it’s throwing me off. I need input on which grip will help. Do they work? Do they feel normal? And where to get them near Georgetown. Double G or AC carry them? Thanks in advance.

I had a Shrewd grip once. Currently have a Mathews focus grip on my z7 extreme.
    They make a huge difference for me.

Comment

You may have to try a few different grips. I tried some and went back to the Mathews wooden centerline grip....it was a better feeling grip and I saw no difference in reducing torque.

I think the idea behind a torqueless grip is minimum contact to the grip.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        You may have to try a few different grips. I tried some and went back to the Mathews wooden centerline grip....it was a better feeling grip and I saw no difference in reducing torque.

I think the idea behind a torqueless grip is minimum contact to the grip.

Wouldn’t it be maximizing the contact with the grip so that it fits your hand??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took the grip off of my Z7 E and wrapped riser with a light sports grip tape. It makes for a slim grip but I like it much better. You might try it before spending the money on another grip.

Comment

I've had Torqueless grips on my last three Elites. I like them much better than the side plates that come on Elite bows. They are fairly thick front to back though and may change your draw length a little. Your hand just naturally slides up under the arch for a repeatable grip. They fit so well I've never had to use any kind of adhesive, and if you wind up not liking them, you can always sell them at a $20/$30 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
              Wouldn’t it be maximizing the contact with the grip so that it fits your hand??!

Maybe. The wooden grips are much bigger, thus touching more of my palm. The "torqueless" grips are very narrow, thus touching a smaller but very specific area of the palm.

Comment

I know it’s not a true Torqueless grip but I always hated the oem grips on the older Mathews, my Switchback is no exception. Finally got tired of it and removed the factory grip and reshaped it to better fit my hand which removed torque and made my grip much more repeatable. Didn’t take long, here is what I ended up with. It’s nothing fancy but was a huge improvement over the original design for me. I actually ended up with more of a Focus style grip.

Comment

For me.....if I’m shooting a Mathews......a focus grip is a must!

Comment

I put torqueless plates on my old RPM360. It felt a lot better than the Bowtech plastic grip. I like side plates better than full grips on compounds.

Comment

Anyone Have experience with a torqueless on a triax?

Comment

I torque on my bows. Had been a problem for a while until AJCarrick suggested I shoot with a glove on my bow hand. It got me beyond the grabby jitters with enough slack between my palm and bow.

I reckon youll torque whatever you grab. Just let go. It aint going nowhere...(unless youre up a tree)

Comment

Mathews Focus grip works wonders for me. After fighting the factory wooden grip for 3 years I switched. Much improvement in my groups.

Comment

Working...
                          X