No announcement yet.

17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck this weekend everybody. I think we got our place all ready to go for opening morning. Like some have said it grew up so much this year. I was glad for that because it should help our hunting with better cover, but man it was a lot more work getting paths cleared and around feeders and stands. I will remember to take my snake boots. We have run across a rattler or two ourselves over the last couple years. Weather looks like it is going to be good too. Hope you all do well this season.

Comment

Good luck gang. No opener for me this year. Will be a couple of weeks. Hopefully cooler by then.

Comment

Holy crap!! Just stuck my first deer and it's a big Muley buck!! Came in right at sunrise. First a really nice prob 4.5 year old came straight into feeder pen, which I was a little shocked bc the muleys havnt come in the pens much. He was nice but decided to let him go. Was def hard decision bc I've never harvested with my bow in 3 years of bow hunting. Then three mins later I see big boy pop out. Was just praying he came in bc this stand doesn't have great shooting lanes. Too grown up trees around me. He took a while but jumped in and started feeding. He got behind feeder so I drew for what felt like 20 mins. Prob 3 min hike and he finally stepped out. Tried to calm the heart rate, which didn't really happen, then settled in and let it fly. He was barely quartered towards me but not much. More broad than anything. Heard the glorious thud and he jumped and my arrow then went straight in the air. He walked slowly and wobbly away stopping often and looked like he was gonna go down. Never saw or heard him drop but feel good about the shot. Just got down and def got him. Dark blood and arrow smells like deer for sure!! Gonna let him sit for a few hours then start the recovery!!

Wow! That was an experience of a lifetime for sure. So pumped. I'll check back after I recover him. Wow!! 2027-2018 Archery Season. One I'll never forget!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. In for the pics. Dang I'm jealous!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Good luck on the recovery! Can't wait to see pics.

Comment

Lost track. Anyone know anyone with tracking dogs in Childress area?

Comment

Originally posted by tdhadley10 View Post
                Lost track. Anyone know anyone with tracking dogs in Childress area?

****. Wish we were up there this weekend I would bring my dog out. We usually don't go up there till mid Oct. Good luck on the track.

Comment

Good luck...in for the LDP's!

Comment

Good luck on recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                      Good luck on recovery

X2

Comment

In!! Good luck on the recovery

Comment

No deer. Tracked him for about 50 yards with decent blood and then blood went cold. Backed out so we wouldn't disturb evening hint and will look again this afternoon. Must not have been as good shot as I felt like I made. Pretty bummed right now. Hoping I stumble upon him or get another chance. I'm pretty sick.

Comment

Call Jeff he is great and Annie works really good

Comment

Originally posted by Jcav View Post
                              http://www.topoftexastracking.com/index.html

Call Jeff he is great and Annie works really good
                              X2 forgot he was up that way. I would definitely give him a call.

Comment

Any luck finding him today?

Comment

Working...
                                X