Spartan GoCam issue---help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartan GoCam issue---help

I'm getting ready to put my camera out this year and purchased credits and my data plan on 7-25. Tried to check it out today in anticipation of going to lease on Saturday. Camera is "searching network" and will never connect to AT&T. Looked online and got a couple ideas, one being to default camera and start over. Did not work. Any ideas? I have good batteries and have a solar setup that I used successfully last year. Thanks

Its prob the memory card. It takes a class 10 memory card. Use a 32 gig and not a 64. Spartan has great customer service. You can call them too for help. I maybe able to help you, I set mine up maybe 6 months ago. It was a little different, but one call to spartan and they can help u over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
      Its prob the memory card. It takes a class 10 memory card. Use a 32 gig and not a 64. Spartan has great customer service. You can call them too for help. I maybe able to help you, I set mine up maybe 6 months ago. It was a little different, but one call to spartan and they can help u over the phone.
      Forgot to say that I have a call into them. Waiting to hear back from them. SD card is the same I used before. I have used this camera for about 3 years with no problems

Comment

They sell their own service now did you activate through att or through spartan site? Each requires a different sim even though both att.

Comment

Same happened to mine recently. Worked fine then I replaced the batteries and it never got past searching network. I sent it off to Spartan. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            They sell their own service now did you activate through att or through spartan site? Each requires a different sim even though both att.
            Through att same as every year so far

Comment

Mine did the same so I sent it off to Spartan. They just replied that they couldn’t determine the issue so they are sending me a new camera. It wouldn’t work with their sim, SD, or new antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                Mine did the same so I sent it off to Spartan. They just replied that they couldn’t determine the issue so they are sending me a new camera. It wouldn’t work with their sim, SD, or new antenna.

Thanks. I may have to do that

Comment

Do you have the camera with you or is it at the lease??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Do you have the camera with you or is it at the lease??
                    I have it

Comment

Just went through this. You have a Spartan att SIM card that it comes with now. It can only be used on their site for their plans. If you did like me and got ATT’s plan and not Spartans you can’t use that SIM card it came with. Go to an att store and tell them the situation and show them you already bought service for the ATT Spartan card. They will won’t the phone number to the device. They’ll also give you an ATT SIM card and switch the service from the old Spartan card over to the new one they give you. They can do it right there at the store. You may have to ask for a manager as the two hired hands didn’t know what to do. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                        Just went through this. You have a Spartan att SIM card that it comes with now. It can only be used on their site for their plans. If you did like me and got ATT’s plan and not Spartans you can’t use that SIM card it came with. Go to an att store and tell them the situation and show them you already bought service for the ATT Spartan card. They will won’t the phone number to the device. They’ll also give you an ATT SIM card and switch the service from the old Spartan card over to the new one they give you. They can do it right there at the store. You may have to ask for a manager as the two hired hands didn’t know what to do. Let me know how it goes.

This sounds like it could be the problem, but did something change? I have always bought credits through Spartan and data plan through AT&T and never had a problem

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          This sounds like it could be the problem, but did something change? I have always bought credits through Spartan and data plan through AT&T and never had a problem

Yep. The SIM cards. I had to call Spartan to get it figured out. They knew immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                            Yep. The SIM cards. I had to call Spartan to get it figured out. They knew immediately.

Ok. I missed their call back the other day. Makes me wonder what is wrong with Hgiles camera above?

Comment

Got the camera working. Anyone know how to stop it from sending email pics? It is sending both email and pics to app. Only sent pics to app before, now sends both

Comment

Working...
                              X