Watch your strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch your strings

Well, had another string break on me today. It was hanging on the wall when it broke and the bow came flying down. Glad it was my longbow. Recurve probably would've twisted a limb.

Just wanted to remind you to check your strings. Especially if you shoot a lot.

Broken string

I read some where that the indians advised never to leave your bow strung as it hurt the spirit of the bow. These type of things are usually based if facts that the early bow hunter didn't understand and because of superstition they came up with their own explanation. Also don't store your bow standing up.
    Glad nothing but a string was lost.

Comment

Sound advice, What was the string made of?

Comment

Wasn't that string pretty new Tracy? Did it get cut?
        Let me know the actual length and how many strands and I can twist you one up this afternoon. It will at least get you by until Slingblade can get you one made up.

Comment

Hi Tracy,

Where exacly did the sting break???????

If it broke at the tip of the bow, then it might be that the grooves are cutting into the string.

Comment

It was D97 and it broke about 6" from the top loop.

About a year old Danny, but I do shoot a lot. I probably nicked it on something at sometime. I could understand it better had it been at the nocking point or in one of the loops. So, most likely, I nicked it on something.

But, hey, it killed a hog, a deer and a handful of carp.

Comment

yessir, it has been "used", ain't it??!!!

All I have is B50, but I would be happy to twist you one up if you need one today...

Comment

My buddy in Georgia is building me another string. I'll be working with my recurve till I get that, so I should be okay. Thanks anyway.

Those fires didn't get to close to you did they?

Comment

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
                  My buddy in Georgia is building me another string. I'll be working with my recurve till I get that, so I should be okay. Thanks anyway.

Those fires didn't get to close to you did they?

Nope, thank goodness, with all the TALL dry grass out here there wouldn't be anything left if it got here!! Of course then I wouldn't have to mow!!

Comment

Well the propane truck blew up just a few miles from you and then the house the other day...

Glad all's well over there. You about ready to hit the lake and try to scare up some rabbits?

Comment

Let me ask a question and any one please chime in, which is better to leave your recurve strung up all the time or to string and unstring as you use it?

Comment

It really doesn't matter, as long as it is a laminated bow with fiberglass.

If it is a self bow, then definately leave it unstrung!

Comment

Working...
                        X