help me out with hunting hogs on City of Denton/ greenbelt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me out with hunting hogs on City of Denton/ greenbelt

I just started hunting pigs out here and I have been out a few times and seen lots of sign. So much sign in fact that I am having a hard time figuring out how to hunt out there. no actual pig sightings yet, but lots of track/scat/ rooting. anyone with some experience out there want to help a brother out?

i'm just looking for a few tips on whats worked for other people, not really looking for your spot. it's just a lot of ground to cover and I'm feeling a little lost. any ideas are appreciated.

thanks,
    Brandyn

how do you get in on that hunt?

Comment

Check the regs or call their office and see ifyou can bait(hand corn) for the pigs,or put out an attractant like beast feast....Heck when is the next time you are going out there??? LEts have aTBH hog hunt at Denton.....

Comment

no baiting. same regs as USACE properties. I was out yesterday and found a lot of good sign and trails/ tunnels in and out of the privet. I managed to get some response to piglet distress calls, but nothing ever came out of the brush. gonna do some more scouting to see when they are moving, but I think I found a couple of pretty good spots.

Comment

city of denton hunting permit. $20 at utilities administration office. archery only for hogs. shotgun w/ #2 or smaller for turkey, rabbit, squirrel, dove, duck, and quail. permit is good from sept 1 - feb 28.

Comment

cool good luck,hope you nail a few pigs...

Comment

Originally posted by A.M. Rambler View Post
              city of denton hunting permit. $20 at utilities administration office. archery only for hogs. shotgun w/ #2 or smaller for turkey, rabbit, squirrel, dove, duck, and quail. permit is good from sept 1 - feb 28.
              Don't you also have to have the COE hunting permit from the Lewisville office to hunt there? The city only leases the north side of 380 from the COE, and was told you need both.

Comment

only need the city permit to hunt their portion of the property. I checked with the city and the game warden. its basically everything north of 380, east of the trinity, west of Rockhill road, and a little bit north of the railroad.

Comment

just curious, who told you that you needed both? I want to make absolutely sure I'm legal.

Comment

Have you seen any turkey sign????
                    Is there a website to check out and a map of the area???

Comment

I haven't, but I haven't really been looking either. tons of deer though. I saw about a dozen walking out yesterday. it's funny how they don't react to you at all when there is no hunting pressure. There is a map...

works intermittently. remember, city of denton lease is north of 380 only, this shows that and the USACE area.

Comment

Originally posted by A.M. Rambler View Post
                        just curious, who told you that you needed both? I want to make absolutely sure I'm legal.
                        COE at the lewisville office, the last time I picked up a permit from them. Things might have changed. And if all ya need is the city permit, I know where I will be headed soon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by XTBrian View Post
                          Have you seen any turkey sign????
                          Is there a website to check out and a map of the area???
                          There are no turkey on that side of the lake, and they are to legal to hunt on lake lewisville COE property, and neither is deer.

Comment

LOL go get'em Glenn......

Comment

Thanks for the map,from the looks of it,that definitely looks like hog heaven... How many acres is it???

Comment

Working...
                              X