No announcement yet.

Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last chance to post something up before Halloween!

Comment

So after finishing the last episode of The Haunting of Hill House the other night I decided to pay my wife back for making me watch something so scary. I knew she’d visit the water closet in the wee hours (see what I did there?) using only the faint glow of the night light.
      Needless to say I woke at 4:00am from a sound sleep to a tirade of verbal abuse that was not very ladylike[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
        Amen to that! Happened to me once also as a 12 year old. When I realized something was wrong I wanted to yell for someone's attention and couldn't. Luckily I didn't soil my sheets but my heart about jumped out my chest. Awful awful feeling

This happened to my 16yr old son recently. I just laughed it off and told him I deal with that every morning and didn't think much of it, but I could tell it shook him up a bit.

Comment

Only one story comes to mind...

My oldest son, who was 8 at the time, broke his arm during a baseball game in Ardmore, OK. This was about 11 years ago. We go to the ER at the local hospital and they put us in the ER trauma room due to the other rooms being occupied. My younger son (5) and daughter (2) stayed at the baseball field with friends so my wife and I could get him to the hospital. Once the game was over our friends brought them up to the hospital to drop them off. They came in the room to see my son and hang out until we were able to be discharged. As we're in the room my daughter starts pointing to a corner of the room and saying "the baby is crying," "baby on the bed is crying." She repeated this multiple times but we just thought she was a little crazy. The nurse was in the room at the time and suddenly left, but we didn't think much about it...it's the ER. About 5 mins later the nurse came back with a couple of other nurses and was in shock about what my daughter was saying. So come to find out, the corner of the trauma room, where there was an empty bed if you will (more like a training table) was the table used for children when they were brought in from a traumatic event. The nurse told us that numerous children had passed on that table over the years and when she heard my daughter pointing at the table and saying baby is crying that it just flat freaked her out knowing what went on where she was pointing. It then somewhat freaked us out....and I definitely consider her to be the free spirit of my four kids. Ha! She seemed to see it clear as day, but nobody else in the room did.

Comment

My daughter and family were living in the house I grew up in, and then I raised my children in it. We are remodeling the house to sell, and before they moved my 4 yr old grandson told his mother he had 2 friends, AJ and Gerry. AJ is a boy, and Gerry is a big girl. They play with him and talk to him a lot. He was disappointed when they didn't come with him when they moved, but they are at the old house when he comes over. The last time he was there he said he wasn't sure what they are doing, it looks like they are digging, but wont say why.

My parents were named AJ and Gerry, dad died in 2001, and mom died in 2011. The moved from this house in 1974. We cannot figure any way he may have heard their names as all of their grandchildren called them Mamaw and papaw, and he never met either. This has all came out in the last month or so, and I am sad to be selling the house if they are still there. He is the youngest of all their great grandchildren, and none of the others have ever came up with anything like this.

Comment

This happened very, very recent. Someone that I know was at work. It was on a Sunday and only two employees were inside the building. There’s a large mirror in one of the rooms. This is at a medical facility. A strange, creepy feeling overcame one of the employees. Moments later a person in white attire was seen in the large mirror passing by. But the mirror is the only way the figure was seen. It stunned the employee who observed this. They immediately went to tell the other employee what was seen. Before they could say anything, the 2nd employee started saying how they were feeling this cold, creepy feeling all about the place. After they exchanged info on what was seen and felt, they both knew that neither had imagined anything. It is not known yet if any of the other employees have experienced anything strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                This happened very, very recent. Someone that I know was at work. It was on a Sunday and only two employees were inside the building. There’s a large mirror in one of the rooms. This is at a medical facility. A strange, creepy feeling overcame one of the employees. Moments later a person in white attire was seen in the large mirror passing by. But the mirror is the only way the figure was seen. It stunned the employee who observed this. They immediately went to tell the other employee what was seen. Before they could say anything, the 2nd employee started saying how they were feeling this cold, creepy feeling all about the place. After they exchanged info on what was seen and felt, they both knew that neither had imagined anything. It is not known yet if any of the other employees have experienced anything strange.

That’s the day you would have one less employee!

Comment

Man this thread gives me chills.

Comment

My dad grew up in meager surroundings. Life was very hard. His mom and dad had divorced when he and his youngest brother were just kids. This meant that dad as a kid had to fish and hunt as much as possible to help feed the three of them. Things are totally different these days where so many people are on government handouts. This all took place long ago. Dad grew up believing in living according to God’s laws. He’d pray for God’s help when out in the woods. I’m not certain to the timeline when certain things took place. There are others that grew up in the surrounding hills that also experienced peculiar happenings. This had once been Indian land. It was common among people there, who were close either by friendship or relation, to mention experiences with what they called haints.

Dad went up on a certain remote hill one day to hunt. He was out hunting for meat and as usual had walked several miles to reach that location. Just like other times, he found a place to stop and pray to God. With eyes closed while praying, a swirling wind surrounded him and sticks on the ground started breaking all about. I don’t recall him saying whether anything hit him or not. It wasn’t like a usual gust of wind. Dad didn’t make up stories. He had grown up in a strict household and didn’t believe in telling untruths. He stated that whatever was going on was trying to make him afraid. It wasn’t just some passing whirlwind. This swirling wind remained in that same vicinity and things on the ground kept moving all about and around him. The wind blasted him pretty hard. There was no storm in the area. Green grass was being ripped from the ground. Dad said he just kept his eyes closed and remained kneeling on the ground in prayer. Eventually the wind and things moving all around him ceased after what seemed like several minutes. It was not the first or last odd experience he and others would encounter. He had grown up in the woods and knew those hills well. There were other times that things occurred in remote areas and you knew they weren’t imagined. It’s always easy to dismiss stories as being made up just because there’s no proof or evidence laying around to dissect. Anyone who believes they know it all is a fool. There are answers to things which we simply do not have.
                    Last edited by Pigpiggy; 11-24-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

So, this is my first time seeing this thread. After reading it all and seeing some very interesting stories it makes me want to share mine. So prior to my experience I was always skeptical of paranormal stories and things like that.

Growing up I wasn't really close to my mom, she always seemed to come and go out of my life from an early age. I was raised for the most part by my father alone. My mom really believed in paranormal things, to the point she would do photography in cemeteries and things like that. She had many crazy photos of silouets under trees and things like that. She also had a fascination with crows, books of crows, paintings of them and things like that. It always weirded me out honestly.

My mom passed away from cancer July 22 of 2013. The day of her service I was sitting out front of my dad house talking about her and memories we both had and I remember having the weirdest feeling that we were being watched. My dad even made a similar comment about it. All of the sudden my dad looks up into a tree and says ,"that crow in the tree is just staring at us". We continue on with our conversation and for about 15 minutes he continues to look up into the tree at the crow every 30 seconds or so. He finally stops talking, goes inside and grabs a piece of bread. He breaks it up into several pieces, sticks his arm out to his side. I was confused to what the heck he was doing. Not 10 seconds later that crow drops down from the tree and lands on his arm. Let me say, I would not believe this had I not seen it with my own eyes. It ate the bread out if his hand which probably only took a few seconds but felt like minutes because of the shock I was in. I know the story isn't quite like the OP but it makes me believe that sometimes the spirit or soul might not leave to its final destination immediately

Comment

This is such a cool topic.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                            This is such a cool topic.
                            Indeed it is, bump for the morning crowd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                              Can't believe that I have never seen this thread. I'll take the time this afternoon to read all the posts. Here are a couple of my experiences.

I use to live in a house in Newport in Crosby, Tx. It was about the time that our youngest daughter was born so it is the 7-8 years ago time frame. We were always hearing something that vaguely sounded like voices but were so faint that it was hard to tell. Always seeing shadows or movement out of the corner of our eyes. Kids toys were put up in place when the kids would go stay at grandma and grandpa's house and then as my wife and I would walk down the hall to our bedroom that evening, the toys would be out in the middle of the floor. My wife would say "I know I put those toys away after the kids left". She would clean them up again and we would go to bed. When we woke up the nest morning.....the toys were back out in the middle of the floor.

One night we went to bed and my oldest son, who was probably 14 at the time, fell asleep on the couch and we decided....to heck with him, let him stay right there. In the middle of the night I am woke up by his screaming and yelling for me and my wife. I grab a pistol, run down the hallway and round the corner into the living room and see what appears to be an old woman standing there staring at him. I still to this day am not 100% certain what I saw but it really unsettled me not to mention how bad it rattled my son.

There was also a time that I came back from an evening goose hunt and went immediately to take a shower while my wife finished up dinner. I was standing there waiting for the water to heat up and decided to take a leak while doing so. I am standing in front of the toilet where there is a frosted window that overlooked the driveway. In that windowsill was a candle that my wife was burning. As I am standing there taking care of business, the candle slowly slid from one side of the windowsill to the other. Kinda creeped me out a bit.

We had just brought our newborn home a day or two before and were waiting on one of my waterfowl hunting buddies and his wife to come see the new baby (curtintex, if you read this, you can ask Lance and Elaina about it as they were the friends coming over) as we are waiting, all of the other kids were in the backyard playing and my wife was cooking dinner. I was in my recliner feeding the baby when out of the corner of my eye, I see something moving out the corner of my eye to the left. I turn my head to look and see the very top of an extremely blonde haired head walking behind the couch and into the kitchen, My wife never saw anything and no......all of my kids have very very dark blonde or brown hair. About an hour later, lance was holding Abigail while facing the window that faces our front yard. He says " I thought all of the kids were in the backyard" I turned and looked at the little girls face looking back at us through the front window and say......"That is not one of ours" the she was gone.

Many more stories about that place but those are the major ones that stand out in my mind.

Another place....My mom worked for Dr. James Moore for close to 40 years. Dr. Moore at one time owned the Sheridan house and the Wainwright Mansion in Fort Clark Springs. He would always let us go out there for mini vacations and stay at one of the houses. That place...especially the Wainwright house was crazy haunted. Hundreds of experiences over the years in there. I remember one time standing in the bedroom I was staying in at the back of the house and looking out the window at the deer in the backyard, also in my line of sight was the 4 "servants quarters". The servant quarters had been empty for many decades but on this evening, I unmistakably saw numerous figures in 1800's era clothing through the windows and they seemed to be just "floating very gracefully from room to room.

Another time we were all getting ready to go out to eat at the Las Moras Café that is inside of the fort. I went upstairs to get my older sister and she was standing in front of a full length mirror brushing her hair. I took a picture of her from the hallway into the room with a polaroid camera and said "come on, we're leaving" I ran down the stairs, got in Momma's old station wagon. As I am sitting there waiting, I look down at the now developing picture that I just took and yes, now there is my sister in the pic and a transparent figure behind her just apparently watching her brush her hair.

That same evening, I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep. I was trying to sleep with the door open because of the heat of the day and no AC. Trying to get a draft through the door and out the open window. As I am laying there, in the hallway that leads down the stairs and into the Butler kitchen, a light comes on in the hallway and I hear somebody walking up the wooden stairs. I fully expect to see my stepdad as he is the only one who was heavy enough to make those audible footsteps. The steps get to the head of the stairs and nobody is there and the light turns itself off. I was DONE.....I got my 15 year old self out of bed and made a beeline to my Momma's room and said move over, y'all just acquired a new snuggle buddy for the night

Comment

Originally posted by jamman View Post
                                The Bible strictly prohibits seeking to talk to the dead in the old testament and clarifies that stance in the new testament as it puts forth that "ghosts" are essentially demons disguising themselves as deceased individuals. In the spirit world there is basically God, the Holy Spirit, Jesus, Angels and demons. Humans also have a spiritual presence represented by our soul. However, the human soul is not free to travel back and forth between the spiritual realm and the realm of the living. Demons do so out of disobedience and angels do so only at the request of The Most High.
                                This is what I was brought up to believe, that fortune tellers, soothsayers, and such were not to be believed or listened to.
                                That being said, my wife and her family don't share the same beliefs. There is a local woman who is a "faith healer" as she calls herself that they have talked to. Since we built our houses in 2001 next door to each other, there has been a lot of death and tragedy. My young BIL died in a bad car accident, ultralite planes collided and crashed killing one pilot on the property, FIL's dad passed away in their house, and my FIL having a massive heart attack at the end of our driveway 10 years after most of the others.
                                I am not a believer and was skeptical of this woman. My wife and MIL wanted answers. They went separate in 2004, and some of the things they were told were just unbelievable. I was still a skeptic and wanted nothing to do with it.
                                My nephew had also passed tragically about 5 years ago. My sister, BIL, and niece have been in depression, so two years ago when they were down for the holidays, my wife had the lady come over to try and help them get answers. I sat in the room with them more to call out the general statements that may can fit to any situation.
                                I know I'm not supposed to believe in what she says, but I have always believed in an afterlife in paradise with the Almighty.
                                She was spot on with most everyone in the room, but mostly my BIL. She knew he kept a picture of his son in the visor of his truck and that he folded it down and talked to him. My BIL builds furniture like tables, headboards, and such as a hobby. She told him his son watches him and wanted him to continue. She also named a baseball teammate of my nephew's that had drown when he was in college and another friend that had died soon after my nephew and said they were the three running mates in Heaven.
                                This was less than a year after my FIL passed away. My family and I came in from a trip and found him at the end of our driveway, and I did CPR and brought him back and then the paramedics took over. I know the odds of successful CPR, but i felt like I could have, should have done more.
                                He told me through her that he knew I tried my hardest and he was fighting too, but someone in white told him there was too much damage. He told me to take care of them as he couldn't stay.

I didn't seek her out and she offered the information. I will say if you believe and keep an open mind and heart, they show you signs and you just have to notice them.

Comment

Working...
                                X