No announcement yet.

random pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics. I think that guy was just on his way to check mail. Probably doesn't make it to the Post Office but once or twice a week.

Comment

tuthdoc, that last pic looks like the calf is on the wrong side of the fence. Unless you are feeding cows, and keeping the deer out.

You have a lot of culls, there bud.

Comment

great pics

Comment

Yeah, the calf IS on the wrong side of the fence. That buck was within seconds, or in Mailman's case, minutes (lol) of dying when the calf walked under the fence. He stayed at the feeder while the buck walked back and forth around the pen. I told Mailman that that's one reason why you want at least 2 shooting spots, and not concentrate all your corn in one spot. If the right hand hole had been corned, I bet the buck would have come back in and got in that pile...and I wouldn't have gotten him later. LOL When Mailman got out of the blind later, he chased that calf for about 1/2 mile. I think he was MAD. If he had caught him (no chance knowing Matt. LOL), he'd have probably choked him.

OzAg, I'm an old cub scout and cub scout leader. I'm ALWAYS prepared. A wheelbarrow might be a good idea. LOL

Those cull pics are just the tip of the ice berg. LOL

Comment

I hate that white-face calf... If would have had a rifle with me, he would have drawn his last breath right under that feeder.

That monster hopped right in the pen, at the same time that calf was coming in... I had him quartering away @ about 8 to 10 yards. He looked up and saw that calf, and he was out just as fast as he came in. He was an impressive critter on the hoof, I got to watch him circle that pen for 45 minutes to an hour!!!

Worked out for the best, Tuthdoc got to kill the biggest deer ever killed off the place, and he does a heckuva lot more work there than I do. You'd think out of the three 150's he killed this year, he could have saved one for his favorite son-in-law!!! LOL

Comment

great pics thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
                I hate that white-face calf... If would have had a rifle with me, he would have drawn his last breath right under that feeder.
                Couldn't get drawn on him Mailman? Double lung shot and he's down for the count!

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Corn scented Hog Bombs? I think I have seen them before but walked right past them. I hate hogs and don't want anything to do with them. They should have named them "deer bombs". I will have to try them out.

Comment

cool pics! Thats so weird that nobody knows that man. Kinda scary with that pistol hangin out of his pocket

Comment

James, they are called hog bombs, but the corn smell is just like most of the other corn scented lures out there. Most of the time, like at BPS, you'll find them in the predator section with fox, coyote, and the hog bombs. I went through about 7 or 8 cans, not counting what Mark and Michael confiscated from me. LOL

Comment

nice pictures

Comment

Here's a buck I'll be interested in watching the next two years. Has some Lucky in him. I videoed him a couple times this year and when he walks out, you have to catch your breath, look at him, and realize he's young.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HT baby 10 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	23869158

Name:	HT baby 10.JPG
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	23869159

Here's a buck I'm anxious to see how he does this next year. I think he's 4 1/2, but am open to 3 1/2 in some pics. If he looks good, I may set up my area for Mailman to get a chance at him. Only thing I have in there now is aerial and he ain't gettin' off the ground in my watch.

Name:	RK8 2.jpg
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	23869160

Name:	RK8.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	23869161

Name:	RK8 3.jpg
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	23869162

How's this for a cull?

Name:	craab8 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	23869163

Name:	crab 8.jpg
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	23869164

Name:	PIC_0039.JPG
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	23869165

Sad thing is that the crab buck is still out there.

Comment

Cool pics.

Comment

Great pics; when does early archery season start again???

Comment

Working...
                                X