Stuck a nice one!!! LDP's!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck a nice one!!! LDP's!!!

Few days late posting, but I was able to get a shot at a nice buck we had on camera at one of our family places up here in the panhandle. I've had hunters at the ranch all October so I've only made two sits at our place. I needed a north wind and got one two weeks ago and headed to my treestand. He came in to about 250 yards but stayed on another trail and crossed in front of me and then jumped to the neighbors field before dark. Finally got another north wind on Tuesday and hoped in to a pop-up, running alittle late that afternoon. Got settled in, the feeder spun and and a small cull buck that this guy was usually with came running in. He never even stopped and ran right past and off behind me. Never really acted spooked, just ran through and left. About 30 minutes later the cull came back in from in front and had this guy about 30 yards behind. The cull went behind the blind again and this guy stepped up to the feeder broadside but really tensed up and nervous. He looked at the blind a few times and I was sure he could hear my heart slamming in my chest, but finally he settled in to eat. I got my self calmed down enough to shoot and drew back, settled in and let her go. Arrow hit him perfect and he bolted about 15 yards and stopped for a sec, then took two more big bounds down the trail he came from and went down. I couldn't see his body laying there, but had seen his legs go up in the air when he flipped so I figured he was down for good. Gave it 15 minutes and found my arrow covered in blood and him laying right where I had seen him crash. Shot him with a Rage Extreme and it opened a huge hole in him, entry and exit. Loaded him up and took him over to the ranch for good pictures and to cape, quarter and score him.

Sorry for the long write up, but I was pretty pumped. This was my biggest low fence, archery buck. Huge body and ended up scoring 163 3/8".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

Beautiful deer!

Comment

Congrats! Nice one!

Comment

awesome buck, congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck, Matt.