Corn Weevils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn Weevils

Will the deer eat corn infested with weevils or do you just toss it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Corn the road with it. They eat it.

Comment

We ended up using it for hogs. Def don't want these bastages to contaminate our feeders.

Comment

Last time I filled my feeder the bags I got were loaded with weevils. I stopped at Bucees in Luling and paid for 3 bags, drove around to the back to load it up and there were weevils crawling all over every pallet of corn they had. Against my better judgement I loaded up my corn and went ahead and filled my feeder. I'm going down in 2 weeks, guess I'll find out then if they're eating it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
            Last time I filled my feeder the bags I got were loaded with weevils. I stopped at Bucees in Luling and paid for 3 bags, drove around to the back to load it up and there were weevils crawling all over every pallet of corn they had. Against my better judgement I loaded up my corn and went ahead and filled my feeder. I'm going down in 2 weeks, guess I'll find out then if they're eating it or not.

Please report back. Thanks!

Comment

They will eat it just fine.

Comment

The weevils will not get all of it, and the deer will still eat it, but..................the weevils will make a heck of a mess with all the dust they will create in a feeder, and if you happen to get any kind of moisture in said feeder, you will wish you never put it in there.

I either take it back where I got it, or feed it to the hogs on the road or by hand.

Bisch

Comment

Take weevil infested bags and put in direct sunlight. The weevils will come out

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    The weevils will not get all of it, and the deer will still eat it, but..................the weevils will make a heck of a mess with all the dust they will create in a feeder, and if you happen to get any kind of moisture in said feeder, you will wish you never put it in there.

I either take it back where I got it, or feed it to the hogs on the road or by hand.

Bisch

X2 But it's hilarious to watch the deer run when that huge cloud of corn dust comes flyin out of there though.

Comment

Working...
                    X