No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be fishing with him up there soon. I may go explore a little.

Comment

Just stopped by to say Hi. This year has been so darn busy. Don't see that changing much either. Hope ya'll are doin well! (ran into eddy on a turkey thread the other day... got me thinkin about the rest of ya'll)

Comment

Hey rabbit. I’ve been busy too. 5 exotics in the last month. New work schedule so more time at home. It’s been nice. Hope all is well with the rest of you too.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can squirrel hunt with .22 rim fire in the Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
            Does anyone know if you can squirrel hunt with .22 rim fire in the Sam?
            Legal means and methods in the outdoor annual states 22, pellet gun, etc. The public hunting lands booklet says you can only use shotgun or 22 during the youth squirrel season.

Comment

Did some scouting yesterday in the Sam, found this guy while I was pushing through a bamboo thicket. Had to wait till I escaped the skeeters to take a picture though.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

SAM 11 point buck right there.

Comment

Haha yep that's a SHNF swamp donkey right there [emoji23]
                  Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                  SAM 11 point buck right there.

Comment

I'm driving from Austin this weekend looking for squirrels.
                    I am planning on hunting around the Little Lake Creek Wilderness.

I don't want anyone's secret spots but any general advice would be really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jbord39 View Post

I don't want anyone's secret spots but any general advice would be really appreciated.
                      Good luck. Just FYI, it's dense through that area. All the squirrels I've shot at SHNF have been off of 208A. Seen them off of 204 also, but there were no leaves and they would run off way before I had a shot. Bit of a hike in to both area's, but there is some low lands that are fairly open, enough to see the squirrel before it runs off a quarter mile.

Comment

There are alot of hiking trails through there and general season is over, so you are likely to come across hikers. Look at google earth and find the hardwood/pine edges. That is where they are. Gonna be super thick and green, so go shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm heading there this weekend also hunting pigs. Coming from Austin also.

Comment

Swamp pig from 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool pig FH. Job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                                Did some scouting yesterday in the Sam, found this guy while I was pushing through a bamboo thicket. Had to wait till I escaped the skeeters to take a picture though.

That’s a nice un he will be real good next year

Comment

Working...
                                X