Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    Sunday is Palm Sunday. And we can’t congregate. And we can’t go to church. Next weekend is EASTER!!! And according to the government, we can’t even get together with family to celebrate. Anyone else see a problem with this?!
    I come from a pretty large family. We are planning on not getting together in person but we will get together online. We are planning an Easter morning brunch and use Cisco WebEx or Zoom to see and talk to each other.
    Been using Cisco WebEx for meetings for years. Just adapting until this all blows over and we are able to go back to our normal lives.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Think of all the elderly who will die because they can't afford anything after the economy crashes. Meds, food, utilities. They'll die in droves then because unlike my parents today's kids stick them in a home. You know, one they won't be able to afford.

Gary

Wait.....I read in a post above (a post you agreed with) that we aren’t supposed to give a **** how many old people die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I’m willing to go to work, and take care of my family the best I can, and take my chances....that’s what I’ve been doing.

This country was founded on doing the right thing for the greater good, or it was until the “men” of this country started raising “cats”, and they started voting for others.

Agree with ya Dale!

I'm lucky that I am able to do most of my job from home. Been to the office a couple of times and traveled to Flower Mound/Lewisville very recently working on a project for a few days.

Pull your boots on and get to work.

Comment

CHINA !!!! that is what it is all about!!! They are coming for there money. Trump got in there pocket book, now they are getting in ours.. And they are coming for it. We owe them so much money. if we can cut ss... we got to pay them

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            I would definitely risk it to save the US economy. Not to keep the spoiled way of life most are used to, but to keep it from crashing. Almost seems like a lot of yall dont know what its like to be poor for real. To be helpless in caring for yourself and family. Might be time for some to really thinking about the possible reality if we have a real depression.

That doesnt mean you do a staycation rather than vacation. That doesnt just mean you make your kid wear their Nikes for a full 6 mo before they get new ones. It could mean they are taping those Walmart shoes up to hold them together like I had to do as a kid. And pull their socks halfway down so they can fold the bottom under because the hole at the toes was so big the entire foot went through. Sharing underwear and bathwater because the waterheater uses so much electricity.

That could mean the electricity gets turned off and no A/C. No hot water. 20yo car you have to fix yourself.

Your kids crying because they are so tired of rice and beans. Why cant we just go to McDonalds! Forget the deer lease. No way those few deer are cost efficient. Just the fuel.to get there is worth more than the meat. Plus your car has been overheating and you dont know why and that one tire is in real bad shape.

Looks like some have ever had to live this and just dont understand how bad it can get. How bad it has been in the past. We are not immune. We are not special. We have been living in a dream world of plenty that is unprecedented. And we are so spoiled we cant even fathom that it can all go away so easily.
            Agree.

As has been argued on TBH before - I think people have gotten soft.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Unless your one of the few then it might matter.
              I’m fully aware I might be one of the “few”, but I’m not going to live my life in fear of something, or everything for that matter. Gotta take care of the family and go to work and be as prudent as I can be about being healthy and staying well. If it’s my time, it’s my time. When we get up in the morning and drive to work, we don’t weigh the risk of getting killed in a car accident. We accept that the risk, however small, may happen. That’s the way I approach this virus scare

Comment

I’m fully aware I might be one of the “few”, but I’m not going to live my life in fear of something, or everything for that matter. Gotta take care of the family and go to work and be as prudent as I can be about being healthy and staying well. If it’s my time, it’s my time. When we get up in the morning and drive to work, we don’t weigh the risk of getting killed in a car accident. We accept that the risk, however small, may happen. That’s the way I approach this virus scare
                Same mindset here.

Do the needful.
                Take the necessary precautions.

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

People in the high risk category need to shelter in place along with their caregivers. Those of us that are healthy need to be living our lives. Im 56 in good health with a neice that has CF and obviously many elderly family members. Im checking in on them and making sure they have what they need. I still think this is a bunch of bull****. The cure is going to be way worse than the illness.

Doc comes in and says, you know that infection in your pinky toe is pretty bad, I think we better amputate your leg.....in fact we might as well amputate both of your legs. We dont want you to have any problems with your pinky fingers.

That is what this feels like to me.

Also Im guessing I had this starting on Feb 1. I understand there is now an easy test to see if indeed a person has had it. I plan on getting that test once this stuff settles down. I want to know if it was here for sure that early.
                    Last edited by rtp; 04-04-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Y’all need to take care of your elderly friends and relatives and make sure they have what they need so they don’t have to expose themselves by getting out.

Comment

We are Americans, bout time some of you start acting like one. As long as we are alive and kicking NOTHING is irreparable, quit whining and make things happen.
                        When we lost a portion of our clients I got off my *** and hit the ground running doing sales to recover the losses, my employees will not go without, I did a hiring push Mid Jan to boost employee numbers to account for any employee losses that might arise.

To those of you that have found yourself "not Essential" I would highly advise you to make your self essential .. Essential for your family and those that depend on you, find work.

But there are those among us that will set back and ***** and whine and collect unemployment, too lazy or too scared to shift gears and make a change, maybe your wife will get a job to support you and your children in this time of crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          I understand Shane. Wednesday we laid off 70 employees at my branch alone. Corporate wanted us to cut 120.

Dang bubba very sorry to hear that. Glad you made it through ! Hopefully they won't cut anymore.

Comment

I’m running low on whiskey and toilet paper. Just sayin’.

Text me for my address.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Dang bubba very sorry to hear that. Glad you made it through ! Hopefully they won't cut anymore.

We are hoping. I had the most tenure in my department so should be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                                Wait.....I read in a post above (a post you agreed with) that we aren’t supposed to give a **** how many old people die?

No I'm saying that the ones who think they are saving them with this current direction are actually condemning a lot more of them than Covid would get.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X