Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed:Trajectory testing

Bored... and tinkering

Forever and ever and ever I’ve shot 385gr @ around 9.81%.... it’s killed everything I’ve ask it to when I did my job and passes through 95 out of 100.... no complaints. I’ve always shot around that 280 mark... because i shoot single pin and know the trajectory from point blank- 35 yards without touching a thing.

With the “hype” of some of the zombie apocalypse arrows now (I have no need for), I wanted a measurable “number” as to how much I COULD gain and still stay inside my known arc within realistic public and stalking ranges ( for me inside 40)

I added some fact weights and 2 different arrows and point weights and came up with the following:
    385 vs 430. ( both fly great and group amazing)

Shot with tommy hog dialed in with the 385

@20——— 1 yrd
    @30——— 3 yrd
    @40———4 yrd
    @50 ——- 5 yrd

Anyway.... it’s just numbers, but real numbers than mean.... well nothing. But their numbers

My bow is sighted in with 550 grain arrows.. I shot some 430 grain arrows a few days ago along with the 550s.. my poi at 40 yards was 3 inches higher with the light arrows.. I'm shooting 275 fps with the 550s.. if you sight in with the heavy arrow the point of impact is much closer than you would think..

Comment

I should have mentioned, I’m shooting 60#

Comment

What does this mean?

20——— 1 yrd
        @30——— 3 yrd
        @40———4 yrd
        @50 ——- 5 yrd

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          What does this mean?

20——— 1 yrd
          @30——— 3 yrd
          @40———4 yrd
          @50 ——- 5 yrd
          The amount of yardage I had to add on the dial to impact dead center

So the heavy arrows had to be shot @ the “55 mark” at true 50.... about 5-6” drop

Comment

Ahhh

Comment

Working...
            X