School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    Problem is we spend 10x that expense on sport and stadiums. Money has special interest tool and you see where the major interest is...
    Are you talking about the NRA?

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
      Are you talking about the NRA?
      No. My point is Schools spend millions on stadiums, yet we can't afford proper security.

Understandable as most kids are involved in sports, not shootings.

Just pointing out where the real interest is to spend tax dollars.
      Last edited by Spearchunker; 02-15-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Also ask the parents if they wished that the coach who shielded those kids before he was shot down ...ask them if they wished he was armed firing back. He shielded those kids knowing what the end result would most likely be. And liberals say he isn't responsible enough to at least defend himself

Comment

No. My point is Schools spend millions on stadiums, yet we can't afford proper security.

I said pretty much the same thing to our Superintendent and City Manager after the Sandy shooting

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            I would be heart broken either way but for me I would be more at peace knowing my daughter was killed by accident while a teacher was fighting to save her than knowing my daughter was sluaghtered like defenseless sheep. But that's just me.
            As would I. But what would have happened without them. Killed anyway? That is the point i was making. Drawing on my specific situation is an emotional response. Wrong or right. If that one in a million situation were to occur. My kin or myself isn't worth 20 others logically as much as i may like them.

Comment

Like most threats, with the proper attention paid to the threat, much of it can be mitigated. Three guns found in North Texas schools today. Heard stories out of Houston and Ft. Worth as well but haven't verified.

Comment

Stop people from being crazy and you'll stop all the killings.

It's that simple
                Last edited by texansfan; 02-15-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                  Like most threats, with the proper attention paid to the threat, much of it can be mitigated. Three guns found in North Texas schools today. Heard stories out of Houston and Ft. Worth as well but haven't verified.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/stude...hool/519358612
                  I wonder how many of these kids, in lite of recent shootings, are trying to sneak guns in not out seek violence but more out of fear and wanting the ability to defend themselves? If I were a student or teacher I would consider every option to protect myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                    My kin or myself isn't worth 20 others logically as much as i may like them.
                    You serious????

Comment

I don't see a viable defense against an insane person.

Comment

It's all about funding. Follow the money.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            You serious????
                            Yeah. Keep asking. You're the problem. In the attempt to save one you're willing to sacrifice many.

Comment

I understand your sentiment but you are wrong. Even God sacrificed His only begotten Son to save all of us. If I knew losing my child would save 20 I could live with that. Even yours.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                Arm teachers?
                                How many 50 year old women that read to six year olds all day will have nerves of steel to be able to shoot the eyes out of a crazy (or three crazies) as he runs thru a school with 300 rounds of .223 on him?

Metal detectors only work for kids wanting to keep bringing guns in.
                                If I start shooting at the person manning the metal detector from 20 feet away and neutralize them I have access to the whole school after that.

So what if the front office has folks that are carrying the perp will just jump a fence at lunch time or recess and let lead fly.

Ppl that Do this dumb stuff aren't afraid of dieing so all these scare tactics won't workon them.

They have already succumbed to suicide once they embark on the school shooting mission
                                I don't know how 50 year old women shoot but there was a coach and a male teacher killed and had they both carried they probably could have killed the shooter and saved themselves and many other lives.And I'm sure their must have been others that would have been capable of killing him had they carried.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X