How the Stimulus Package works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the Stimulus Package works

It is a slow day in the small Saskatchewan town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk, saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything. At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves. No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a "Stimulus Package" works.

Comment

Wait, there are hookers who work on credit?

Comment

Only problem is they all had produced and earned something, most notably the hooker. They just hadn't been compensated.

Comment

I want to visit Pumphandle-

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            Only problem is they all had produced and earned something, most notably the hooker. They just hadn't been compensated.
            Yup.

And it blatantly misses the fact that the tourist never gave permission for the money to be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I want to visit Pumphandle-
              I don't know, I'll bet that gal is pretty rough...

Comment

I keep wondering why they called it Pumphandle or what was the hooker's name.

Comment

Well, The hotel is out the room rent to the Hooker. So someone gets scre**d no mater what.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                    Well, The hotel is out the room rent to the Hooker. So someone gets scre**d no mater what.
                    You are correct! The hotel owner lost!

Edit: Nope, my mistake; the hotel owner got his debt to the butcher paid.
                    Last edited by Burnadell; 04-21-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Economic lesson (pay attention):

A dime a rolling is worth a dollar sitting still.

Comment

I still want to know what the hookers credit limit is? Might be a retirement place worth considering

Comment

Working...
                        X