Timney trigger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Oh you'll go down atleast a pound. At 3.5 the end of your finger will start to spread out before the trigger breaks. My 11 year old is the one shooting 2.25. It helped her accuracy a lot.
    Yea youre prob right. I guess its super easy to adjust and get it just how i want it.

Comment

I feel The Jewell is a superior product over the standard Timney...they can be adjusted for range / hunting while in the stock with a set screw located in the trigger shoe.

Timney has come out with a Calvin Elite model to compete with the Jewell & I did a write up for a model 7...see link. The 700 would be basically identical.

Most all those older 700's can have the original trigger adjusted & no real reason to replace unless you want to go lower poundage...the standard Timney is a good trigger & you will like it, but I think you will find you will like a lower poundage once you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I feel The Jewell is a superior product over the standard Timney...they can be adjusted for range / hunting while in the stock with a set screw located in the trigger shoe.

Timney has come out with a Calvin Elite model to compete with the Jewell & I did a write up for a model 7...see link. The 700 would be basically identical.

Most all those older 700's can have the original trigger adjusted & no real reason to replace unless you want to go lower poundage...the standard Timney is a good trigger & you will like it, but I think you will find you will like a lower poundage once you get used to it.

I got a Klipingdorf (spelling) single set for my new project 700. 3.5 pounds on the normal pull and 6 oz on the set. I freakin love it.

Comment

I was told that some work may need to be donr to the stock to make the new trigger fit. Anybody have this happen to them and if so what model and how old? Thanks.

Comment

If you read the link, I had to file the B&C stock...every gun is going to be different. It's not hard to work on. You just need to go slow!!

Comment

Just read your review. I should be ok for some slight trimming.

Comment

If you read the link, I had to file the B&C stock...every gun is going to be different. It's not hard to work on. You just need to go slow!!
                Trim some then try it and trim then try it. Not do too much at once right? What tools did u use? Sand paper ot a small wood chisel?

Comment

Working...
                X