So my bowstring just broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my bowstring just broke

I bought a new Hoyt Charger a few months ago. Shot a couple hundred arrows.
    So just went out back to shoot a few and draw was fine, but really weird sound on release. I looked down and string had snapped at both the top and bottom a couple inches off of the cams.

The only thing different recently was I waxed my strings for the first time a couple of nights ago. Any way that could have caused it? No excessive fraying or anything when I waxed the strings.

Is the string breaking going to hurt the bow?

string or servings?

Comment

If it is the servings take the bow back and tell them to either replace string best option or re-serve the string

Comment

Where the servings are but all the way through the string and all.
        Attached Files

Comment

You have no idea how lucky you are that the string broke after you released. That coulda been catastrophic, Hoyt should warranty this and a good bow shop should check out the limbs with a fine tooth comb!

Comment

take back for waranty replacement

Comment

wow! glad you werent hurt! any possibility you store unprotected broadheads in the case? maybe nicked the string by chance?

Comment

Nope broad heads in the garage, bow in the closet. After a google search seems a fair amount of the string are breaking on these bows not hard to find similar threads. String usually breaks in just one place though.
                Last edited by ArmyAg97; 10-29-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Cracked nock maybe? is so you basically dry fired it which will cause it to break like that

Comment

@BowTech that might have been it. Never looked at the arrow, it was still stuck in the target. Nock is gone and back of the arrow is torn up.

Comment

If your arrow is tore up and nock gone i'd put money on it that's what happened. Make sure and flex all arrows and check nocks.

Comment

Glad you're ok. Hopefully you can warranty the strings

Comment

More than likely shattered an arrow, probably came close to robin-hooding it on a previous shot and messed up the nock.

Always inspect your equipment, including your arrows. It's unlucky for your string, but it could have been much worse, at least you don't have an arrow through your hand/wrist.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me at the begining of the year with my brand new hoyt charger, only had put about twenty arrows thru it, took it to the bowshop and went with after market strings.

Comment

Ask Mac... Or OneTonDodge about this, they had the same thing happen to them on their 2012s

Comment

Working...
                              X