drill press recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drill press recommendations

Looking for a stand up drill press. My budget cap is 600.00. I mainly use mild steel for my fabrication projects. I got a buddy that works at Harbor Freight, so I get a good discount there. Any recommendation's for units there or else where, I am open to all advise.
    Thanks

I would not buy one at Harbor Freight at any price.
    How big of a drill press do you need?
    Go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Northern Tool and look at a few. You can get a lot of drill press for 600 dollars.

Comment

Make sure you get one for metal. Wood working drill presses won't go slow enough. You'll end up burning up your bits.

Comment

I've had a craftsman for about 30 years now. it has never let me down I used to use it daily when I was building knives. I don't think craftsman is the same now though. I would check out pawn shops they usually have some pretty good tools

Comment

For a little more than $600 you can get a small milling machine from Northern Tool, will need a base for it though. I’m on the fence, do I get the $160 drill press or the $600 milling machine...

Comment

I've got the big Porter Cable from Lowes for big holes and it's been great for me in my shop! Also have 2 tabletop WEN drill presses for the 1/4" and 1/8" holes I have to drill...the WEN aren't precision, but they're good enough for what I need them for!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              For a little more than $600 you can get a small milling machine from Northern Tool, will need a base for it though. I’m on the fence, do I get the $160 drill press or the $600 milling machine...
              Which one? I saw one for 520.00

Comment

Working...
              X