No announcement yet.

Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere, I think I still have an Olympus D-380 that I never got around to converting because it was the only digital camera I had....the cards looked like a 3 1/2 "floppy".

This was the 1st forum I ever looked at.
    TBH was responsible for my getting my 1st email account, paypal account (ground breaking stuff right there), and "Carbon arrows"...woooooohoooo.

I went to Big Buck Brewery the week after I joined and met Rudey, "Obsessedhunter", Richard....and Charles I believe. Rudey and Humper invited Trey and I to Bownanza which was coming up the next week. After we left, Trey said "we should try that Bownanza some time". I said "Not sure about you chief, but I'm tryin it next weekend!" We drug a trailer load of grill, smoker, fish cooker, and everything else. When I saw the equipment everyone else had, we never un-loaded a bit of it. Met Joey, Sherry, and Cody as soon as we got out of the truck.
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-06-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

The site has grown and changed a LOT in the few years I've been around. I know that I'm thankful I found this place because I've met tons of great people and made some lifelong friends.

Comment

who has been on here the longest

Comment

Drake's alter ego "ToroJohn" was one of my favorite runs on TBH. Not to mention "Nightstalker" Ol "Nightstalker" which I guess was Breck goofin off, told AggieBowman he was gonna gather up all his friends and come whip his butt.....to which Jason replied "big ones line-up, little ones bunch up!" One of my all time favorite lines.... along with "left eye dominate home protection, courtesy half cocked nit-wit", from Legdog.

Remember "Anonymous" posts?
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WIKI View Post
            I have hunted alone for years and those times back then TBH was my campfire. I couldn't wait to get back and read all the stories. Now it seems the more controvery the thread it is the more attention it gets. Those days there was more sharing of family sharing. Now some good family type or meanigful threads get no attention. They just get lost. IDK! Still stuck here. LOL
            I feel you on this one. I've only been on here since 2008 when I found out about it right before I deployed to Iraq but it helped me keep my sanity while I was over there.

Comment

The cause of my 1st public flogging......

Click image for larger version

Name:	hogkit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24177885

Comment

Been here since early 05.

I've had a lot of fun, and have matured over the years, a little. I used to argue a lot more. Believe it or not.

Met some great people and have some great memories associated with TBH, and have quite a few good friends I talk to regularly that I most likely would not have met without tbh.

I've slowed down on posting a lot. My goal was to slowly get off the infamous talk to much list. Trying to think before I post.
                Last edited by mesquitecountry; 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Been here since '04 and had been part and witnessed a lot of great and not so great threads ... I always wonder what happened to Danny's ex that went temporarily insane on the site one time
                  Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                    The site has grown and changed a LOT in the few years I've been around. I know that I'm thankful I found this place because I've met tons of great people and made some lifelong friends.
                    I'm still wet around the ears but I hear you. It's changed a great deal over the last couple years. I can only imagine how much it has in the past 10+...

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Drake's alter ego "ToroJohn" was one of my favorite runs on TBH. Not to mention "Nightstalker" Ol "Nightstalker" which I guess was Breck goofin off, told AggieBowman he was gonna gather up all his friends and come whip his butt.....to which Jason replied "big ones line-up, little ones bunch up!" One of my all time favorite lines.... along with "left eye dominate home protection, courtesy half cocked nit-wit", from Legdog.

Remember "Anonymous" posts?
                      hahahahaha! I forgot about that thread!
                      Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                        Been here since '04 and had been part and witnessed a lot of great and not so great threads ... I always wonder what happened to Danny's ex that went temporarily insane on the site one time
                        Haha. I remember her sending me ******* messages trying to explain herself. I replied, I don't know you lady!

So many great moments.

Adair
                        Butler
                        Nanza's 07-08, had too much fun.
                        Live hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                          I'm still wet around the ears but I hear you. It's changed a great deal over the last couple years. I can only imagine how much it has in the past 10+...

~Michael
                          Thats what I thought as well

Comment

I was here when it was just a few folks talked about trips and the screen was not green. Breck built all kinds of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              Haha. I remember her sending me ******* messages trying to explain herself. I replied, I don't know you lady!

So many great moments.

Adair
                              Butler
                              Nanza's 07-08, had too much fun.
                              Live hunts
                              Tame pigs eating Doritos
                              Shooting dead hogs on a log
                              Dahmer cutting my boot while stabbing a hog in the neck
                              Granger Rangers tipping boats upside down
                              Breck punting a Javi
                              Bowwiz trying to kill a hog in a pen with one foot in a protective boot

Good times!
                              Jeff Young

Comment

My other old memory is sending Casey $20 to buy Michael a bow. I think I had about $73 dollars in my checking account back then in college, but it was something I wanted to due even though I couldn't afford it.
                                I gave money for that as well.....we bought him a HOYT!

THE MOJO!!!!

Back when some dude name RKZ was the post king.
                                Legdog and I got into a post war....he had the most posts from the beginning.....the night I passed him....we got into a pixel posting war......believe we crashed the server. That was the second crash, before the infamous 2006 crash LOL! The first crash wasn't as spectacular.
                                Last edited by AtTheWall; 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X