Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've gotta overcome this scent control crap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gotta overcome this scent control crap...

I have to walk a good ways to my spot (so I sweat) and at one point I have to cross an open field where a lot of deer graze in. Normally the wind is in my face going north or out of NW or NE, but I still get busted (or at least I think I am!)

i wash everything and myself in scent free soap and hang dry in the garage, spray with scent killer, dry myself with a scent free towel and use scent free antiperspirant. I wear one set of scent free clothes in the truck and change to a new set of scent free clothes when I get out and before I hit the trails and wear rubber (muck) boots...

what gives?!

Do I need to burn some twigs and smell like smoke?

I don't know how, nor I can play the wind, it's just impossible as the wind swirls and spins and comes from every direction in the corner that I hunt....
    Last edited by ATI; 10-24-2018, 09:15 AM.

Parachute....

Comment

I got you bro.

Comment

Smoke your clothes.

Comment

I had same problem in KS last year. I fixed by running my ozonics while walking. Strapped to my back pack pack and worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Smoke your clothes.
            I would definitely go this route first

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              I had same problem in KS last year. I fixed by running my ozonics while walking. Strapped to my back pack pack and worked great.
              I would give this a shot

Comment

U forgot the gumoflage, duh!

Comment

Skunk Fusion.

Comment

If possible, cut some fresh cedar limbs. Stomp on them to rub scent in sole of hunting boots real good and rub them all over your clothes. I would also pack my clothes in a bin with fresh cedar limbs. Natural strong scent. I would also set pop ups and tripods cut in big cedars if at all possible. Just a thought...

Comment

been hanging my clothes in the Garage with a fan on them due to all the rain. I think I need to hang them outside in the patio. Use Cedar and smoke both!

I'm about to build a Bow tree stand about 30 yards to the south of the feeder. The box blind is to the East of the feeder about 80 yards.

Comment

I used to have the same problem. now I ride an electric bike to the stand. its silent, I get there in under 2 min which used to be a 25-30 min hike. the deer you drive by just watch you ride by and don't run.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          I used to have the same problem. now I ride an electric bike to the stand. its silent, I get there in under 2 min which used to be a 25-30 min hike. the deer you drive by just watch you ride by and don't run.
                          lol I could see that working!

Comment

Just hunt and dont worry about it. When you finally decide to completely free yourself of of this scent nonsense you will start to enjoy your time in the woods much more. Odds are your going to get busted, odds are at least one old azz doe is going to cause trouble. Just ignore it. Find peace in the woods.

Comment

Box blinds solved my problems of getting busted for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                              X