Thumb shooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumb shooters?

Anyone shooting or attempted to shoot with their thumb or thumb ring?I am always tinkering with different styles of shooting and this intrigues me.Joel Turner of Ironmind Hunting(now Shot IQ)has a U Tube video on thumb shooting techniques.He presented his Ironmind mental shooting seminar along with Tom Clum of RMS Gear at the ranch last year and shoots this style very accurately.It appears to have some advantages especially for archers who normally shoot shorter draw lengths.I plan to start out with a thumb ring and then maybe transition to a thumb glove.I have just received the thumb rings and some lighter poundage limbs and plan to start shooting soon.

what is a thumb ring?

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
      what is a thumb ring?
      In traditional Asian Archery, the string was drawn with the thumb. A thumbring is a ring made of horn or some other material upon which the string lays during the draw to protect the thumb..

Comment

Here are mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

I know next to nothing about it. But, I have read that you need to use an opposite handed bow than you normally use due to the manner in which the string rolls on the draw.

Comment

Sounds interesting. If you can, post some video's of you shooting this way, or maybe a few pics at full draw?

Comment

I am rehabbing from a bout with cancer so it will still be awhile before I will be shooting again.However go to You Tube and type in- Joel Turner thumb shooting techniques- to see how its done.Although not required when shooting with your thumb Joel also covers shooting a bow on the opposite side(left handed bow right handed) in the video.

Comment

Cool. I hope and pray you can shoot again very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                  Cool. I hope and pray you can shoot again very soon.
                  Thanks I am well on the way to a full recovery.Getting stronger every day.

Comment

Working...
                  X