Best trail camera batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best trail camera batteries?

Frustrated with C batteries we use on our Moultrie Panoramic cameras - tried 2 or 3 brands and none seem to last long. What brand have you had the most luck with?

Lithium

Comment

All of mine run AA lithium not sure what would be the best Cs

Comment

I have been using the $2.00 a pack, cheapest, Dollar General sells. I know, sounds crazy, but I have had the AA and C cells last over the season. I have two camera's with the batteries from the beginning of last season still working. I have these at the house and have been running since last year.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with my wireless gamecam. I'm looking at adding a solar charger and 6 volt feeder battery to mine. My Bushnell camera has a input jack for aux power. Bushnell sells a solar charger/battery combo but it doesn't have very good reviews so I'm looking at alternatives.

Does your camera have a DC jack for power? A "C" battery is 1.5 V. If it takes 4 C batteries your camera probably runs on 6 volts DC. Check your camera maker for an optional solar charger/battery combo.

Comment

Get you a Size C to AA adapter and use the energizer lithium’s.

Trailcampro use to sell them

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              Get you a Size C to AA adapter and use the energizer lithium’s.

Trailcampro use to sell them
              This ^^.

Here are the adapters: https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BQ-.../dp/B00JRF2GD8

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                wow did not know they made these - I looked into the lithium but they did not come in C - thanks I will try one of these

Comment

I went to Lithium AA batteries on several cameras. Will your camera hook up to a Moultire Solar Panel ( sold at Academy )?? It has an internal battery. I have one and am going to purchase another because I am tired of even changing out the Lithium’s. The item cost around $75.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                    wow did not know they made these - I looked into the lithium but they did not come in C - thanks I will try one of these
                    AA's typically rated 2500 mAh while C sise are 8000 mAh. The C's are about three size the capacity.

Comment

I got some batteries from Atwoods that were some off brand they are a light green color they had them super cheap and I'll be darned they lasted three times as long as Duracells.
                      might have just been a fluke though LOL.

Comment

I started buying these @ half the cost of Energizer/Duracell and virtually the same performance.

Comment

Working...
                        X