Tony Romo golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raw10628 View Post
    This is a first year tournament held the same week as the WGC Match Play in Austin, where all of the top players are playing. The sponsor of the tournament used their exemption to bring in someone that will bring a lot of needed attention to a tournament that would otherwise have no buzz. This event is pretty much on the bottom rung as far as PGA tournaments go. I don't see a problem with it and I can't stand Romo. Just the way the world works these days. He carries a plus handicap, it's not like we've got a 5er out there hacking away. As far as I'm aware, the guys you're speaking of can still get in through a Monday qualifier to make the trip if they have the game.

Pretty much spot on. Better Tony who at least has some amount of game as opposed to Steph Curry or Jerry Rice like they have done for Web.com tournaments.

This tournament goes DEEP down the alternate list as far as player categories go. This will be one of only a couple starts that a lot of players who's names you haven't heard in a while will get for the season.

Nature of the game these days!

Comment

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Romo on the course actually.

if your kid is meant to play professional golf then nothing (in theory) should stop him. everything is motivation if used correctly

Comment

Monday qualifying cost more money than most of the young, just out of college guys can afford. They can't afford to travel (by plane or car) pay entrance fee, meals, hotel, etc.. it is great if you can get into tournament on your first try but if not most of these guys have enough money to do this maybe two or three times and it is over for them.

Patrick Reed had plenty of money to follow the tour from place to place trying to Monday qualify. Not an apple to apple comparison.

Again, this is not about my son or him getting on tour. I can guarantee he is practicing and working on his game every bit as much as any established pro out there (6-8 hours a day, seven days a week). If he is not on the practice range or on the course, he is networking trying to find that one or two or three individuals that are willing to sponsor him. This thread is only about the non deserving getting an opportunity that truly should have gone to a player/golfer that could use and appreciate the opportunity.

SmTx - about what I expected went I started this thread. Use back button.

Last post on this thread. Knew some would understand, like stated, this was a rant.
        Mods feel free to delete any time you like. Have a good day!

Comment

It’s the old adage.....Life ain’t fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tony golfs about as good as he played football. Mediocre at best
            So stats mean nothing to you right? I mean all of those football stats are phony, right?

Why do people just have to say stupid things on a public forum...just to see it in type?

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
              Monday qualifying cost more money than most of the young, just out of college guys can afford. They can't afford to travel (by plane or car) pay entrance fee, meals, hotel, etc.. it is great if you can get into tournament on your first try but if not most of these guys have enough money to do this maybe two or three times and it is over for them.

Patrick Reed had plenty of money to follow the tour from place to place trying to Monday qualify. Not an apple to apple comparison.

Again, this is not about my son or him getting on tour. I can guarantee he is practicing and working on his game every bit as much as any established pro out there (6-8 hours a day, seven days a week). If he is not on the practice range or on the course, he is networking trying to find that one or two or three individuals that are willing to sponsor him. This thread is only about the non deserving getting an opportunity that truly should have gone to a player/golfer that could use and appreciate the opportunity.

SmTx - about what I expected went I started this thread. Use back button.

Last post on this thread. Knew some would understand, like stated, this was a rant.
              Mods feel free to delete any time you like. Have a good day!

This is not an opportunity for Tony Romo. He's made his money, had his career. The tournament needs him, he doesn't need it. He's taking 1 spot this year, but if the tournament is not profitable, there won't be any spots in years to come for any future up and comers in the future.

Comment

Tournament sponsors are very hard to come by on the tour. One of the selling points to get the corporations to sign off and spend millions of sponsorship money is to grant them a couple of sponsors exemptions to do with as they see fit. They paid for that right to choose who they want to fill that spot. They chose Romo.

Comment

Sponsors pay for the tourney to happen. They can add any players per their agreement. I see nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                    So stats mean nothing to you right? I mean all of those football stats are phony, right?

Why do people just have to say stupid things on a public forum...just to see it in type?
                    Sure stats mean something...like the stat of how many superbowls did the cowboys win with Romo as quarterback? Heck how many big games did they when? I’ll answer that one. Won only 2 of 6 playoff games and never got passed a divisional round.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post

Simple minds. I'm not a cowboys fan, but he was a great qb. Highest 4th quarter career qbr all time I believe?

Some people just can't see the forest through the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                        Simple minds. I'm not a cowboys fan, but he was a great qb. Highest 4th quarter career qbr all time I believe?

Some people just can't see the forest through the trees.
                        Sorry, you’re wrong... total passing yards he is 29th and 4th quarter comebacks he’s 15th. That’s from Dallascowboys.com.

May want to double check where you’re getting your data

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                          Sorry, you’re wrong...
                          Wanna bet?

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post

I understand what you’re saying, however, the guys that are playing week to week and performing are also making enough money to keep it going. Just because Patrick Reed had plenty of money didn’t mean he didn’t work is tail off to get where he is. He’s a legit contender week in and week out with some of the biggest names out there. He may have had some financial help along the way but he got to where he is by playing well enough to keep the train moving.

Comment

Unfortunately, life is not about who “deserves” this or that. It’s about supply/demand. There are thousands of young hungry golfers out there itching for their shot. That said, there aren’t very many NFL QBs playing in your events. At the end of the day, follow the money!

As much as I respect where you are coming from, Tony’s hard work earned him that spot. It was just a result of his hard work in another sport.

Comment

Working...
                              X