Grim Reapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Reapers?

Fatal Steel 100s 1-1/4” or Pro Series 100s 3 blade 1-3/8”?

What’s yalls experience with either ones?

Gonna make some setup changes this year...

What are you coming from? I've used the Razorcut and razortips in 2" and 1-3/8" and never had any problems. This year I'm gonna use the 1-3/8" pro series for elk and the 2" pro series whitetail specials for deer. I like the look of the new tip. Looks real solid.

Comment

Not sure which series or type I used, but they were always reliable and cut huge holes.

I switched to Rage Hypodermic because I felt they fly a little straighter.

Grim Reapers are still my No 2.

Comment

I tried Fatal Steels and hated them.

I REALLY like the 1 3/8" Razortip. It's a very good head. I like it better than the 2". We bent/broke too many blades on the 2". The 1 3/8" Razortip is where it's at!

Comment

I used the 2" WT Specials for 3 years and got tired of buying new heads after shooting them once at a critter. Blades were always bending or breaking. I went to the dark side with Rage Trypans... and I'm not looking back.

Comment

Between those two I’d go with the three blade. I second the 1 3/8s razorcuts though. I still have 4 or 5 I bought in 2010 or 2011 and have killed a ton of pigs with each. Just swap the blades every so often and occasionally the spring.

Comment

Big fan of the 1-3/8" Razortip so of your choices I'd do the 3 blade pro series in 1-3/8" for deer. The 1 3/8" blades are shorter and stronger. I get multiple uses out of one head with some quick sharpening and a blade/spring/cup kit is available for replacing them if needed..

I'm changing it up myself this year since I have to replace all my broadheads while moving up to 125 grain heads. I decided to give the 125 gr GR Carni-Four heads a shot since GR replaced all the springs and the cup to make them easier opening. The initial first release had some issues. The new springs are evidently a hit with the folks that got them last year so I'm gonna give them a shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grim_Reaper_Carnifour_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	24543565
              Last edited by Smart; 06-27-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Love the GR’s.

Comment

I have been using Rage Chisel tip 2 blades for a few years now. Killed a couple deer with them, just kinda over the Rage craze now and looking to change it up, always see a lot of positives for GRs on here.

I have also used slick tricks grizz tricks (I believe) and killed a pig with them, lost the other two somehow. But liked the compact blade design rather than the wide two blade of the Rage, this is why I’m looking toward the short blade GRs.

I like the idea of the Carni-Fours, and have contemplated them as well. I’m planning on moving down to a 60lb Max bow in the future and figured the compact heads would get better performance than the larger blades heads. I currently shoot a 70lb Reezen @ around 62-63lbs. I seem to have some penetration issues with the Rages at times, this is also contributed to a tuning issues I have as well but not the main cause.

I’ll take a look at the RazorTips too, thanks for all the input!

Comment

Between my brother and I we have shot them all, our favorites are the 1 3/8' pro and the carni 4's. The 2" made nasty holes but it was typically one and done. Fatal steels didnt hold up well enough for the extra $$ they used to cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      I tried Fatal Steels and hated them.

I REALLY like the 1 3/8" Razortip. It's a very good head. I like it better than the 2". We bent/broke too many blades on the 2". The 1 3/8" Razortip is where it's at!
                      What did you not like about them? They look similar to the Hypo tips from the pictures I’ve seen, was it overall design or something that didn’t seem to work right?

Comment

Any issues with the Aluminum Ferrules on the razortips vs the SS of the pros and razor cuts?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          Any issues with the Aluminum Ferrules on the razortips vs the SS of the pros and razor cuts?

I've only bent one since 2010 and that was on a bad shot to the spine. I hit him square in the back bone and he carried it until I shot him 30 days later....so.. no idea if it bent on the shot or when he finally broke my arrow off he carried away ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9134.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24543568

Comment

I've killed multiple elk and moose with the Fatal Steels. They have proven to be very tough.

Comment

Grim Reaper 2" Whitetails..... Shot my best buck ever last year 6" in front of his hind legs in the back bone and he didnt run 250 yards, cut an artery and he bled hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X