Powerstroke 6.7 Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
    I run tyrant on my 17 as well. Which file are you running? He has a clean version and a smokey (low boost fueling) version of each file. I also just talked to Cale on the phone and he is going to be adding a version thats in between the two. A *medium* smoke version. Still get the low end throttle response to spool the turbo but less smoke.

Also I run the medium raised shift points and love it. Cale definitely has the transmission tuning on point.

OP you won't regret it.
    When towing with cruise control is the downhill speed control super sensitive? Every since I tuned mine it downshifts way sooner to control speed than it used to.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      When towing with cruise control is the downhill speed control super sensitive? Every since I tuned mine it downshifts way sooner to control speed than it used to.
      Are you meaning the exhaust brake? Downhill decent doesn't work on speeds above 10 mph I thought.
      My exhaust brake works so much better after deleting. But Cale did tell me he hasn't been able to find the exhaust brake map yet so when that is on it uses the factory shift points. When I have tow/haul on and the exhaust brake on full (not auto) and going down a hill it will downshift quick and slow me down fast.

Comment

I run tyrant on my 17 as well. Which file are you running? He has a clean version and a smokey (low boost fueling) version of each file. I also just talked to Cale on the phone and he is going to be adding a version thats in between the two. A *medium* smoke version. Still get the low end throttle response to spool the turbo but less smoke.

Also I run the medium raised shift points and love it. Cale definitely has the transmission tuning on point.

OP you won't regret it.

I ran about 3 different files from Tyrant. Not sure exactly which ones, but I know I tried both the Smokey and clean versions. None of them were over 100 hp. I need to update again, and give them another try. I’m not happy with PPEI, and everything I hear from Tyrant customers is excellent.

Comment

Are you meaning the exhaust brake? Downhill decent doesn't work on speeds above 10 mph I thought.

My exhaust brake works so much better after deleting. But Cale did tell me he hasn't been able to find the exhaust brake map yet so when that is on it uses the factory shift points. When I have tow/haul on and the exhaust brake on full (not auto) and going down a hill it will downshift quick and slow me down fast.

Whether Exhaust Brake is on or not it will downshift if you get 3-4 mph over what cruise is set to.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I ran about 3 different files from Tyrant. Not sure exactly which ones, but I know I tried both the Smokey and clean versions. None of them were over 100 hp. I need to update again, and give them another try. I’m not happy with PPEI, and everything I hear from Tyrant customers is excellent.
            Yeah I've been very happy with Tyrant. One of the first tunes I ran from him had a little higher of a rev upon start up so I messaged him about it. In less than an hour I had a new tune written, sent, and uploaded to my truck.

Did you not do the shift on the fly switch?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Whether Exhaust Brake is on or not it will downshift if you get 3-4 mph over what cruise is set to.
              I haven't had that issue. But I haven't towed with more than 5000-6000 pounds yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                PowerStroke Enginuities is out of Houston, and does good work. $1800-2500 ballpark.
                Does that $ figure include the tunes (everything)?

Comment

Yes. Mine was $1680 with me doing the work, BUT I purchased the most expensive tuning device that I’ve seen. Tuner with tune profiles was $1300. Delete kit itself was less than $400. There are guys out installing tunes and delete starting around $1700-1800. It just depends on which tunes you want to use, and if you want a fancy tuner vs just a basic delete tune.

Comment

Working...
                  X