Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifting a Poly Tank Blind

Throwing this out there for some ideas.

I have a chance to buy a couple poly water tanks cheap, but they are to short for me to shoot a recurve out of as is.

The tanks are 60" tall and I'd like to raise them at least 15" maybe even 20".

I could dig a hole but that would limit where I can place it so building a base is a much more practical option.

I also like to be able to detach the base to help with ease of transport.

What would you do and what would you build it out of?

By "lifting" you meen rising the interior height of.... Correct.

Comment

Square base the blind would fit on top of and mount to. May not look perfect but would work. Maybe out of 4x4s

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
        By "lifting" you meen rising the interior height of.... Correct.
        yes, I am looking to raise the interior height of the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
          Square base the blind would fit on top of and mount to. May not look perfect but would work. Maybe out of 4x4s
          That is definitely an option, I was just hoping someone might come up with something a little easier to move and that didnt weigh a ton.

Comment

Go get some sheets of cloroplast in your color choice. Trim them to length needed for lift. Build 4 or 5 corner braces of same height to set blind on. Then put the cloroplast pieces along the bottom of tank ends and attach via industrial Velcro strips. It’s light weight, you can take the cloroplast off to transport without damaging it and you don’t have a huge heavy base that the blind sits on.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
              Go get some sheets of cloroplast in your color choice. Trim them to length needed for lift. Build 4 or 5 corner braces of same height to set blind on. Then put the cloroplast pieces along the bottom of tank ends and attach via industrial Velcro strips. It’s light weight, you can take the cloroplast off to transport without damaging it and you don’t have a huge heavy base that the blind sits on.
              creative idea, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                creative idea, I like it
                Thanks! I pulled that out of you know where and I actually surprised myself with it. It actually may work. Lol

Comment

what color are they.??

Comment

This is one of the ideas I was kicking around, I need to get acquainted with chloroplast since I havent worked with it before.

Does chloroplast bend?

The tank is circle.

I want the blind as air tight as I can get it.

If the chloroplast will bend this is a very doable design.

I could build each base to where it is flush to the inside wall of the blind or outside and wrap the chloroplast around the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                      what color are they.??
                      green

Comment

what is the diameter of the tank?

Comment

Yes cloroplast will bend fairly well. It’s semi rigid so it will hold a shape once you secure it to something. Home Depot has 4x8 sheets I think. It’s also the same stuff you see all the campaign signs made out of. It’s like plastic looking cardboard.

If you want it airtight I’d overlap the cloroplast panels a few inches to help with air escaping. For the bottom you can use some pvc insulation to secure it to the bottom section of the cloroplast so when it sits down against th ground you will have a nice tight seal with a fairly flat ground.

Comment

Yes cloroplast will bend fairly well. It’s semi rigid so it will hold a shape once you secure it to something. Home Depot has 4x8 sheets I think. It’s also the same stuff you see all the campaign signs made out of. It’s like plastic looking cardboard.

If you want it airtight I’d overlap the cloroplast panels a few inches to help with air escaping. For the bottom you can use some pvc insulation to secure it to the bottom section of the cloroplast so when it sits down against th ground you will have a nice tight seal with a fairly flat ground.
                            I really like this, I'm going to buy some to play with before I get my hand on the tanks.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X