Big buck liberty county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big buck liberty county

Well I finally connected on a deer I first saw last season. I had one encounter with him and many pictures but decided to let him walk. I got some pictures in July of him this season and boy did it pay off not killing him. He put on some mass and height. His frame was exactly the same. Still an 11 pt. I have been hunting every other week for 7 days at a time with no sign. Finally I got pictures of him the second week of December. I had him two nights. I picked up my muzzle loader this past week and had five days to hunt. I had another big deer on camera but had broke a tine that I thought I had a chance at. After the snow and ice Tuesday, I hit the woods. My camera had one picture of the 11. I was pumped but still optimistic because it was at night but knew he was in the area. I hunted all week with only a few does coming out. One thing I did not mention was that every picture I had of this deer, even in July, he was with a big 6 pt that had one eye put out. It was very easy to identify him with one eye shining on cam. He stayed with this deer. I had one last day and got to my stand around 3 am thinking maybe the deer heard me drive my golf cart in to hunt. I had a south wind but it was not too bad if deer came in front of me. I dozed off and woke up around daylight. I didn't see an animal but the duck hunters were blasting away. About 7:15 I saw a buck jump the fence in front of me. When I grabbed my binoculars and looked it was the big 6! My heart about beat out of my chest! I knew he had to be with him! I watched him look back and eat some rye grass for a few minutes but nothing came. He then went across my lane and out of sight and I was sick! All of a sudden a buck jumped the fence, then two more behind him. When I looked the 11 was first in line . He was about 165 yards and I was ready but I knew he was far so I hollered and raised above his back a little and shot. When the smoke cleared he dropped ! The other bucks ran back and I looked in my binoculars and could see it was him. I finally killed my biggest buck ever and a giant for liberty county. I packed another round in quicker than ever in case he moved but he was done . The quest for the 11 was over on the last day of the season. My wife and kids were super excited knowing how hard I hunted this season for him. I never dreamed I would see him and he appeared like a ghost. He taped out at 152". 18-2/8" inside spread . Blessed for the opportunity to chase this magnificent animal. The first pic is last season. Then this yr in velvet .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2792.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	25137211Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3193.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	25137212Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3192.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	25137213Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3789.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	25137214Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3799.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	25137215

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck! Congrats

Comment

Great deer. Good job

Comment

Well done sir
        Congrats!

Comment

Waydago! What a great buck

Comment

Big congrats! Great looking buck.

Comment

Awesome buck...He looks real good. Congrats on the big 11.

Comment

Hell that’s a great deer for ANY county.

Comment

Wow. Great deer! Congrats

Comment

What area do you hunt? You don't have to be specific just wondering how close to Batson.

Comment

And great buck by the way!

Comment

MONSTA!!!
                        Congrats

Comment

Dang nice buck, congrats!

Comment

Great Deer!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck

Comment