Snow ski, Ski school question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow ski, Ski school question

The family and I are heading to Lake Tahoe for spring break and I have never skied. Is ski school worth it or should I just wing it ?

I would say it is worth it.

Comment

I would take at least a 1/2 day class to learn some basics. This will make your the rest of your days on the mountain more fun. My wife and kids all took a class and it made it easier for the rest of the trip.

Comment

Worth it if u from the south!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds good. Looking forward to it

Comment

Definitely do school. A lot of people cut out after lunch if they're feeling comfortable. Enjoy!

Comment

Take the lessons. First time we went another couple told us they could show us all we needed to know. Big mistake. We struggled the first 2 days until we finally began to get the hang of it.

Comment

Yes. And take a private lesson if you can afford it.

Grew up on the mountains and I’m a big proponent of lessons. A bad day of skiing with no experience can ruin your whole trip.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

I grew up skiing and was a ski instructor for years. Take me along and I'll teach y'all! but yeah, seriously I was...
                    And yes, you should take a lesson!

Comment

I would take a half day private....you should be good to go after that....or take nursejenn

Have fun!!!

Comment

Are you athletic? And does anyone in your party have any experience?

Comment

Me to 14 year old step son who has never been skiing.....you really should take a 1/2 day of lessons. Fourteen year old to me no I don't need lessons. 3 hrs into a five day ski trip....ski patrol to me yep I think the boys wrist is broke :-) take some lessons

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Are you athletic? And does anyone in your party have any experience?
                            Athletic so so. Coordinated, yes.
                            I will be the only one out of 20 who have never been skiing and don’t want to bad experience. I think I’m gonna opt for the half day and see where it goes from there

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              Athletic so so. Coordinated, yes.
                              I will be the only one out of 20 who have never been skiing and don’t want to bad experience. I think I’m gonna opt for the half day and see where it goes from there
                              Wear a helmet!!

Also stretch.

You’re gona be sore!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X