Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

wheelchair hauler..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheelchair hauler..

Background info- my wife has had 4 reconstruction surgeries on left ankle. Ankle still gives out her at any time. July 4th she stepped in a small hole and shattered her right ankle-the good ankle. We have done the reconstruction surgery and all that. Brings me to the fact that I want to get an electric wheel chair for her, so far insurance will not cover it. Blah, blah ....to the point, I need to build a way to haul the chair once I buy one. K. google wheel chair lift...chit is expensive! I can build using an electric trailer jack, but thinking I would rather use an electric winch. The E-winch would be the only part to replace on failure. Now to my question....who makes a good small 12V power in/power out winch? Are the E-winchs for boat trailers -power in /power out?

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
    Background info- my wife has had 4 reconstruction surgeries on left ankle. Ankle still gives out her at any time. July 4th she stepped in a small hole and shattered her right ankle-the good ankle. We have done the reconstruction surgery and all that. Brings me to the fact that I want to get an electric wheel chair for her, so far insurance will not cover it. Blah, blah ....to the point, I need to build a way to haul the chair once I buy one. K. google wheel chair lift...chit is expensive! I can build using an electric trailer jack, but thinking I would rather use an electric winch. The E-winch would be the only part to replace on failure. Now to my question....who makes a good small 12V power in/power out winch? Are the E-winchs for boat trailers -power in /power out?
    What are you hauling it with? Is a wheelchair or scooter?

Comment

electric wheelchair, not the scooter type

Comment

This type of chair. I have the design, but need help on the winch.
        Attached Files

Comment

The lift will fit into a 2" receiver, basically on any vehicle.

Comment

Have you looked into the platform that mounts into your receiver. It has a fold down ramp and you just drive it on and strap it down

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
              Have you looked into the platform that mounts into your receiver. It has a fold down ramp and you just drive it on and strap it down
              Yes Sir and I looked at the price, I can build for a fraction of the cost. My insurance will not cover it. I refuse to drop the coin required, when I can build it. Hence my question about the winch.

Comment

I am going to come across very short and **** I guess guys. I just want to know what small 12v winch is power in/power out....thats it. Please help with advice if you can...... I can cover the rest of the build on this.
                I dont know, thats why I am asking here.
                Thank you

Comment

wish i could help. id like to make one for my daughters chair

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
                    wish i could help. id like to make one for my daughters chair
                    Once I get it figured out and it works, if you like , just material cost. typically just as easy to build 2 as it is 1

Comment

Don't know about the winch, but you could put a boat roller on the side that the chair loads up on so the winch cable has something to sit on if the chair isn't tall enough

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                        I am going to come across very short and **** I guess guys. I just want to know what small 12v winch is power in/power out....thats it. Please help with advice if you can...... I can cover the rest of the build on this.
                        I dont know, thats why I am asking here.
                        Thank you
                        I may not answer what you mean but could you splice a 12v winch and plug into your trailer light outlet.

Something like that?

Comment

Check this out.

Also, Northern tool has a good selection on line.
                          Post up some pick when done, prayers up for Mrs. Brushtrooper!

Comment

Tractor supply has good selection on utility winches. I have a 1700# warn utility winch I have had on my ATV for 8 years no problems. My dad has had one of their champion brand for 5 years no problems.

Comment

Harbor freight has some...Bad Lands winches...I have a 3500 and it works great!...

Comment

Working...
                              X