No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotted over 70 elk from this point Friday night at 12,200 feet in Colorado.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, a3d! September will be here before we know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
        Awesome, a3d! September will be here before we know it!
        In the middle picture, my tent is just to the right of the snow. It was a wild night with thunder and lightning up that high.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
          In the middle picture, my tent is just to the right of the snow. It was a wild night with thunder and lightning up that high.
          Meanwhile in Texas, It's Miserably hot and dry!

Comment

Good news rains has started to fall in NM. I know the Gila is getting some and units 34 and 36 are getting some too. My buddy said northern NM is getting rain as well.

Our place in 34 was as dry as I have seen in years. It rained 7 days in a row and it started really greening up. I also got some really cool pics I'll post when I get some time.

Comment

10 weeks for me and I will be chasing elk, I cant freakin wait!!!!!

Comment

Subscribed. We are heading out Sep. 15.

Comment

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
                  Good news rains has started to fall in NM. I know the Gila is getting some and units 34 and 36 are getting some too. My buddy said northern NM is getting rain as well.

Our place in 34 was as dry as I have seen in years. It rained 7 days in a row and it started really greening up. I also got some really cool pics I'll post when I get some time.
                  That is good news!
                  How about in the desert near you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                    10 weeks for me and I will be chasing elk, I cant freakin wait!!!!!
                    Oooof! That puts a different perspective on things!
                    I have got to hit the bike!

Comment

Didn't draw a Okla tag, darnt that's 0-4 on draw elk tags.

Only CO this year sept 20-29, but atleast I have elk and mulie tag

Comment

2 months, 21 hours, 33 minutes and 12, 11, 10.... seconds until its on! Not chancing anything this year! Put in my vacation request January 2nd. for 19 days of paradise in the mountains!

Comment

rain

The mountains we hunt have had rain most every day in July. That is the wet month for the Taos area. I hope it produces some acorns this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                            That is good news!
                            How about in the desert near you?
                            Terry we are getting decent rain. I think a deer pushing 200 will be killed this year.

Old Killer that's good news. Horn growth in southern NM looks decent and from what I saw there is a 70% calf crop. That was after seeing over 300 elk.

Of course I didn't get a tag but I'm going to guide two hunts this year. Taking my wife and a good buddy

Comment

Terry we are getting decent rain. I think a deer pushing 200 will be killed this year.

Old Killer that's good news. Horn growth in southern NM looks decent and from what I saw there is a 70% calf crop. That was after seeing over 300 elk.

Of course I didn't get a tag but I'm going to guide two hunts this year. Taking my wife and a good buddy
                              Good! I am going to be whining and pouting come Jan.

Comment

Wishing y'all a great ELK hunt this fall. I will be headed out end of August for two weeks in the mts. Was able to draw a Bear, Mule Deer and an OTC Elk Tag this year. Looking forward to the mountains and getting a chance at a nice mule deer, bear and of course ELK tenderloins. Hoping to take that big black bear and huge muley I been seeing in the area last couple of years. Been working out with a 70 lb meat pack. 5 miles a day and stairs. Hope everyones in shape. Tough going at 107 degrees. But life is tough! :-) Y'all be careful out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X