Replacing Truck Carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Truck Carpet

I have a 2005 Dodge 2500 quad cab. The carpet is pretty nasty from work and hunting trips. Any of you TBH'ers out there replaced the carpet in your truck? If so, what brand, who did you order from? Ya'll post up some opinions please!

There is a big company in N Houston that sells aftermarket carpet. I think it is classic soft trim.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      There is a big company in N Houston that sells aftermarket carpet. I think it is classic soft trim.
      I looked them up. They do leather interior work, I just need floor carpet. Thanks anyway buddy!

Comment

Check on Rockauto.com
        I have no experience with the carpet they source, I just remember seeing it on there once.

Comment

For my Daily driver I order a molded rubber flooring from ACS they also sell molded carpeting. In my hunting truck I used heculiner instead of carpeting.

Comment

Consider pulling it out, roughing up the metal and putting on the roll-on Herculiner. We did that in my son's truck and it came out nice, and he didn't have to worry about mud and gunk any more. Just be SURE to not apply it on a very hot day and have a big fan blowing the fumes out and fresh air in. That stuff uses solvents that are nasty and will melt your liver in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              Consider pulling it out, roughing up the metal and putting on the roll-on Herculiner. We did that in my son's truck and it came out nice, and he didn't have to worry about mud and gunk any more. Just be SURE to not apply it on a very hot day and have a big fan blowing the fumes out and fresh air in. That stuff uses solvents that are nasty and will melt your liver in no time.
              I wanted to do this but did road noise increase? Or heat without insulation?

Comment

Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.

Here ya go

I'd go with the mat, been thinking about doing it myself too
                Last edited by rferg84; 07-29-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

No offense but I'm not putting bed liner in my nice truck. I have babied this thing since I got it new in 2005. The carpet just wore out. I did duplicolor bed liner in it last week, turned out great. Thanks for all opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                    No offense but I'm not putting bed liner in my nice truck. I have babied this thing since I got it new in 2005. The carpet just wore out. I did duplicolor bed liner in it last week, turned out great. Thanks for all opinions.
                    What's the difference between Herculiner bed liner which you wouldn't use in a nice truck and the duplicolor bed liner that you liked and applied?

Glad it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                      I wanted to do this but did road noise increase? Or heat without insulation?
                      His truck was noisy to start, I didn't notice any temperature difference.

Comment

His truck was noisy to start, I didn't notice any temperature difference.
                        Good to know. I may order the molded vinyl from LMC. For $179 I don't think it can do much better.

Comment

What's the difference between Herculiner bed liner which you wouldn't use in a nice truck and the duplicolor bed liner that you liked and applied?

Glad it worked out.
                          I assume you are talking about putting it in the cab, on the floor. I want nice clean carpet in my truck. I was making the point that I spray bed liners but I wouldn't want it in the cab.

Comment

Working...
                          X