How close is too close from stand to stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
    It really irritates me when people take advantage of others. I would nip this in the bud asap, and send a letter or communicate with the whole group on the matter. It's time to lay down a set of rules that is fair for all. If $40/year/member is enough to cover the base electrical, then make everyone sign in when they stay and they can pay their share that is over the $40 average.
    We did something similar. Set price per member during the season and to carry over the off season. After the season if you stay you covered the difference over base cost that was set. We also had honest people that let lease manage know when they went.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      100 yds is plenty
      lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        lol!!
        Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          We leased in sonora, 2400 acres 12 guys, only 5 or 6 could hunt with the distances quoted here

No doubt about it.
          My place is between 4-500 ac and it would never be possible to get 800 yds between the 3 of us.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

No doubt about it.
            My place is between 4-500 ac and it would never be possible to get 800 yds between the 3 of us.
            You would be lucky to get 400yds apart if all huntable ground, 1 person in the middle equates to nobody else in his "area".

Comment

We just make sure it's not possible for someone to shoot in the direction of another person's stand. My lease manager and I are less than a hundred yards apart on one of our set ups (we actually have 3 stands each in our own area). There's a pine thicket between us and no shooting lanes anywhere near shooting towards one another. We have never seen the same deer on the same day while hunting 2 years this way. I don't run a feeder at this stand, but I can hear his. We both bow and gun hunt. He's oilfield, so it's not like we're out there every day doing this, but it does happen several times a year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                We just make sure it's not possible for someone to shoot in the direction of another person's stand. My lease manager and I are less than a hundred yards apart on one of our set ups (we actually have 3 stands each in our own area). There's a pine thicket between us and no shooting lanes anywhere near shooting towards one another. We have never seen the same deer on the same day while hunting 2 years this way. I don't run a feeder at this stand, but I can hear his. We both bow and gun hunt. He's oilfield, so it's not like we're out there every day doing this, but it does happen several times a year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                Perfect example of there is no "distance" blanket rule. Back in the days when we didn't use bow sights I could hear my buddies arrows hitting the rocks on his misses, plus ensuing cussing, and deer near me just looked up then went back to feeding.......back then wasn't unusual to have to get out of stand and pick up arrows from the misses and continue hunting....we have always been community stand guys though and all work together setting stands and hunt our stands after discussing which each prefers....works with family and good buddies and would never be on a lease any other way. I guess thats why "required distance" is bizarre to me.

Comment

As long as y'all aren't shooting at each other should be fine

Comment

You should both move your stand 100yds otherwise tell him to pound sand

Comment

Working...
                    X