No announcement yet.

What round 6.5 creed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a fan of the Hornady sst. Guess I will try the 129 grain. What is ya'lls idea of the best grain for long range trajectory?

Comment

Mine didn’t care for the Federals but preferred the Hornady American Whitetail 129’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran into some issues with Hornady precision hunter and switched to Choice last year. every round is hand loaded and cost wise its on par with factory ammunition.
        as far animals, we've shot lots of animals with this round. anywhere from 50 yds out to 585 yds. something about the ELD-X just knocks the soul out of animals.
        another friend has had good luck with the 129 gr American whitetail line up.

Comment

I've used the ELD-X since they first hit the market a few years ago. I really like them for bigger animals, like elk, oryx, etc. I've personally witnessed their effectiveness on 2 cull elk hunts and I killed an oryx with 1 shot.

However, I'm not a big fan of them on whitetails. Myself and a buddy have lost several well hit whitetails with this bullet. I'm talking huge blood trails and then nothing and never find the deer. My son perfectly shot a whitetail doe that we found but not a single drop of blood. If we hadn't seen her drop, finding her would have been really difficult.

The 129gr SST is a great bullet but blows up a lot of meat. I'm personally moving the the 140gr Sierra Gameking this year. Inexpensive to reload and Cabelas carries them loaded if you don't reload (HSM brand I think). Not to mention the Gameking has been killing animals for decades.

Just my $.02

Comment

143 ELD-X. One gun likes H4350, the other one RL-26.

SST blows up too much meat for creedmoor, better in the slow grendel.

Comment

120gr GMX Full Boar from Hornady

Comment

I just wish the Grendel had the same variety and availability.

Comment

I have tested 5 loads in the new APR and it really likes the Fed Premium loaded with 140g Accubond which happens to be my favorite hunting bullet.

Comment

Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr ELDX. It penetrates better than SST and in my Mossberg Patriot it is a bit more accurate than the Federal or American Whitetail.

Comment

Mine likes the Federal NonTypical shown above. They are a spire point bullet. ¾” groups is the best I’ve managed. Definitely not shabby.

I’m in the process of developing a new load, using Berger Hunting VLD and also the Hornady ELDX. so far, it looks promising.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hornady 120gr GMX Superperformance

Comment

147 ELD-M. Pretty rough on them up close though.

Comment

The 140 Grain Hornady Black that is an Academy exclusive for $19.99 per box shot a group with three touching holes for me a couple of weekends ago at 200 yards. That is gonna be my hog getter.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                The 140 Grain Hornady Black that is an Academy exclusive for $19.99 per box shot a group with three touching holes for me a couple of weekends ago at 200 yards. That is gonna be my hog getter.
                                FYI, that is not a hunting bullet. Great for earhole shots, but don't count on it performing well on a boiler room shot.

(It shoots 1/2 MOA out of my RAP as well!)

Comment

Working...
                                X