No announcement yet.

Getaway with a Toddler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went to Great Wolf Lodge in December, our 2 and 4 year old girls still talk about it. Another favorite is Jellystone park, I think there are several of them, we went to the one near Canyon Lake and liked it a lot. We went to an interactive kids museum in new braunsfels one day that was pretty cool too.

As others have recommended, camping anywhere is a great option. Both our girls camp with me at deer camp at Lake Meredith for a week every November. It will be cold, windy, and not great camping weather and they still have a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribner Lite View Post
      Splashway Water park has a spot just for the little ones. And they have cabins you can rent. We always took our camper.

https://splashwaywaterpark.com/
      I second this. I could throw a rock from my house and hit it.

Not much in the town but Splashway is doing great things for the community and it is a great Christian Family that runs it. They opened their doors during Harvey and had a bunch of people staying there. We took a bunch of water to them. They even held a church service during harvey.

Cabins, Tent camping, RV spots are all on the property. I believe they show movies every night as well. Fishing, kid parts where the water isnt very deep. Overall just a good time. They are always adding something and this year we are getting a new slide and I believe they are hosting retreats soon.

We live next to it but my 2.5yr old loves it. She begs to go in the summer and when it is closed and we pass it, she says "Hey look Splashway, No kids" (wife got her to say it when its closed.

If you choose to do this, let me know and I'll bring my daughter over to play
      Last edited by TMC50; 04-03-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Went to Destin In the middle of June and the water was warm Stayed at Sandestin golf and beach resort on beach side for around $250 a night with room for either 6 or 8.
        Ill for sure look into this!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          X2. In fact I'd argue you oughtta take your kid more to get him used to travelling. we take our now 2 year old on most trips with us, and just have a mindset of he gets with it or he deals with it. He either ends up having fun or i have fun and get a workout out of carrying around an annoyed 2 year old but for real if your kids get used to beig expected to behave a certain way, they generally will.
          100% agree. Pushed it a little far when we drove to New Jersey with a 2 month old, but the toddler was fine, as he’s used to long trips. Now that the youngest is a little older, we do trips with 2 kids under 4 no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            We took our little kids to Port Aransas, and to several state parks, camping.
            If you're looking for an adult vacation that you can haul your kids to, I don't know what to tell you.
            We are looking to base this trip more for him than us.

Comment

Jelly stone park in kerrville

Padre island play in beach decent aquarium in corpus

San Antonio sea world / fiesta Texas

Comment

The Orange Beach - Pensacola area was great when we took our 2 year old. We stayed as a Holiday Inn that had a huge pool on the beach with a lazy river. My daughter had a blast and slept like a rock every night.

Comment

Working...
                X